Having Windows 10 preview sound problems?

Geordiescot123

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have major issues after a AMD graphics driver update from Microsoft today, it has enabled HDMI passthrough on my card and gives me sound on my AOC hdmi monitor, but not from my VIA VT2021 on-board 7.1 chip. I have tried everything to rectify this can anyone here help ????

Last edited:

jesse Ricard

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
my old audigy 2 is doing the same thing as my realtek hd
i can get the realtek audio to work if i uninstall the driver and restart hd manager is hit and miss but if the speakers are changed from stereo to any thing else the audio stops working it returns after i uninstall the realtek drivers
on the audigy 2 i got 7.1 speakers selected and sound coming out of the front 2 speakers no sub im only running 2.1 surround right now so uncertain if surround speakers are working
in either case if i attempt to configure the speakers from stereo to quad 5.1 or 7.1 the audio stops
with the audigy 2 i got sound back by opening the device properties from the playback devices menu and changing the signal enhancement setting to either off or on it doesn't seem to matter which just that the setting changed

RonanFrost

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Realtek Update - Win10 Build 240 (rtm? there's no IP notice on the bottom right anymore)

Previously, I was one of those stuck with stereo only, 7.1 didn't help, got the "failed to play test sound" and even stereo crapped out most of the time, leaving me with nothing until reinstall, restart, and work for about 2 minutes.

Now, 5.1 works ... sort of. Have to run as 7.1 as previously stated, because it's shutting off the rear pair when we go to 5.1 ... testing some other drivers, and will update if I get better results.

*edit*
Seems after removing an reinstalling the 8.1 ASUStek driver, I'm good. happy times.

Last edited:

Najib Nawawei

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
i upgrade to windows 10. everything is great except sound. my pc dont have sound. before it work very well. once upgrade. i face this problem. Microsoft please solved this. I am using dell vostro version window 7 because i dont like windows 8. microsoft please help me.

Jasin Moridin

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I've got built-in Realtek on my motherboard, and an old Audigy 2 ZS that I had installed in my PC back when it was running Windows 7 because I was having sound issues with the built-in card.

With both of them, my sound will occasionally just die, usually when I'm in the middle of playing Starcraft II, though it has happened with other things. I've not noticed it dying if I'm just watching Youtube or anything like that, it's always been in a game. I've found that going into Services and restarting the Windows Audio Service fixes it (and in the case of Starcraft, opening the audio options and manually switching it between "default" and my speakers).

I currently have the Realtek disabled completely and the Realtek Audio Manager set to not load on the off chance that it was conflicting with the Audigy's drivers, and that hasn't helped.

Chaloux

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
When facing any issues with Windows 10 and Realtek than please try the following(this helped me)
Control Panel-> Hardware and sound->Manage Audio Devices->Click on your device and go to properties->Advanced and change the sound to 24bit, 192000(the last one, below). Let me know if it worked. :wink:

Sri Vidhya_D

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Guys, please try this out ->
1. Right click on the speaker icon on the task bar, where you see the date and time
2. Choose playback devices
3. Right click on the Speakers/ Headphones
4. Click on Configure Speakers
5. Click Next
6. Check if the Front left and right is checked in Full-range speakers
7. Click Next
8. Click Finish in next window that appear!
Now right click on the same default speakers and click TEST! :wink:

John R Webster

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a 8 yr old Q6600, 8g, gtx460, and a new Asus ROG G751JT...
Both had good sound, and good volume...
Overall volume has been reduced by at least 40% after upgrading to Win 10...

Gloria Crandall

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded Windows 10 and NO sound at all. I checked everything I could find and nothing. I tried downloading the item u suggested and it didn't work either.

Gloria Crandall

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded Windows 10 and NO sound at all. I checked everything I could find and nothing. I tried downloading the item u suggested and it didn't work either.

shaman khatri

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello Dear,

I have email you my laptop dxdiag andi need you send me solution for audio that is not working after installation,

audio is not working and when attaching headphone that is working.

Please reply me when you find my email.

Thank You

Esinam Ayivor

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Having Windows 10 sound problems?

I am using a DELL Inspiron N411z and like most people, no sound. Even with earphones plugged in. I tried changing to 24bit 192000hz as well as uninstalling and reinstalling my driver in device manager, and nothing has changed. I do love the upgrade so HELP!!! :cry:

paperwarior

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was officially released and since then I've had distorted sound. I've reinstalled the drivers and tried the suggested steps, but nothing works. I have Realtek.

Last edited:

Sinerak

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I have Lenovo Y50-70 and Windows 10 - build 10130. My problem is that internal subwoofer doesn't work. Front speakers work properly. I've tried to reinstall audio driver few times with various versions but it didn't help.

Thanks

I'm having this issue as well, having to select the device I want to use as the default. Can't find any solution from Google.

Shabaz Ali

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
i just downloaded windows 10 2 days back. I am using ASUS F552L laptop. Since i upgarded my windows from Windows 8 to Windows 10 i am having distoreted / some kind of background noise.
Ca some one please help me??

i have the realtek speakers installed

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724