Windows 10 Insider: Build 14361 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14361 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

Here's what's new in Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14361 | Windows Central
Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14361 released to Insiders on the Fast Ring | Windows Central
What's been fixed and what's broken in Windows 10 PC build 14361 | Windows Central

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14361 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

SP3 - Start button non-responsive. No start menu appears. Right click does bring context menu.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

I have an old Dell Desktop. Same issue. The Start Menu does not come up by mouse click or the keyboard WIN KEY.

The Notification/Action Center also does not come up. Notifications do not make any sound either. But the Action Center icon in the taskbar goes from blank to white, indicating there is a notification. It just doesn't chime nor can be invoked to come up.

Both these issues happen after multiple reboots. I've also noticed the boot up hangs very often. If you wait long enough, the START MENU and ACTION CENTER does work. I'm wondering if this is relate to the Feedback Hub issue several builds ago where it takes 30 minutes before it'll work, to 'hydrate'. At any rate, it's rather annoying to have to wait upwards of 30 minutes for notifications to come up.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Is this a problem with this build or have you experienced that from time to time before? I find this to be annoying. I've had it on my SP3 with preview and GA builds. One way to get around it is to
- Install a 2nd language pack, like English UK if you are in the US.
- Restart.
- Switch back to your normal language pack and region, and
- Restart.

The scan and DISM solutions mostly haven't worked for me. Sometimes it gets fixed when I do another build installation (or when I'm desperate, from the Win 10 ISO). The good news is, it hasn't happened on my SP3 in a while.

Good luck,
Frank

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I sometimes have the start/action center not showing up issue too. It happens only after a cold boot. Typically I have to wait about 13 minutes before they show up again and start responding. I can still open other things like edge when it's happening. I haven't experienced it on this build yet but the previous one I did.

My biggest problem is my Microsoft wireless keyboard will lag sometimes. And I can't type at all during that time. Thought this build solved it but just had it happen. Though didn't last as long.

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I too are having problems with my Tablet (O+ Duo) start screen/taskbar works for few minutes and it will lock. It will not open the start menu/screen nor you can click on the icons on the task bar. It can't even go thru the go back to previous build. it will just freeze

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site

I had an odd occurrence after getting 14361 installed and running it for a few days. Got a notification about windows Defender having run a scan. clicked on it. saw a screen with update settings everything looked normal, except I saw a setting I never saw before called Protection Updates which had a little shield signifying that it required admin privileges I clicked it and got a message saying that the setting can only be changed by an administrator. went to look for more info on it and could not find the menu option again.

Anyone know what it is or how I can turn it on if I want to? I can't even find the setting again

Thanks in Advance...

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Updating to 14361 - Your PC needs to be repaired. Not enough memory to create ramdisk (Bluescreen)

Updating to 14361 - Your PC needs to be repaired. Not enough memory to create ramdisk (Bluescreen)

When updating from 14351 to 14361. I select restart and after reboot get the above error. Power off and back on goes back to previous. I have 50GB hard disk free and 8GB ram installed. Any thoughts? Have not had any issues previously on insider builds.

Last edited by a moderator:

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Updating to 14361 - Your PC needs to be repaired. Not enough memory to create ramdisk (Bluescree

In case anyone else ever gets, this fixed my problem:

I had the same error, and exact model of computer. The good news is that there's an easy fix. Run the following command in an administrative command prompt window:

bcdedit /deletevalue {badmemory} badmemorylist

Once that completes, re-run the Windows 10 upgrade and you should be all set.

zdenekvanik

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

My start menu does not show at all, allegedly fixed in 14352 because the most recently used apps were shown empty but they broke it and it is not fixed and does not show at all...
I also started getting again those "graphics driver stopped responding" errors which were fine in earlier builds.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I have an older Dell XPS 13 with the current fast ring build 14361. Upgraded specifically to get the adblock and lastpass extensions. I installed both extensions, but they are not recognized by the Edge Browser. In the store, both extensions show up, but say there is a problem and they need reinstalled. Reinstalling changes nothing.

Running the same build on a Surface 3 with no problems.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I have an older Dell XPS 13 with the current fast ring build 14361. Upgraded specifically to get the adblock and lastpass extensions. I installed both extensions, but they are not recognized by the Edge Browser. In the store, both extensions show up, but say there is a problem and they need reinstalled. Reinstalling changes nothing.

Running the same build on a Surface 3 with no problems.

Oops, the XPS13 was on the slow ring. Updated to fast ring and got the 14366 build last night. All is well now with Edge extensions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo