Windows 10 Insider: Build 14385 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 build 14385 for PC and phone now available for Insiders in the fast ring | Windows Central

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14385 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14385-for-pc-and-mobile/

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The builds are coming so fast now, it might not even be worth starting a new thread for each, just update the title and keep on going.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Improvements and fixes for PC

• You should no longer see a notification pop-up once a day saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016. I know this has caused a lot of you some angst so thank you for being patient.
  • We have improved battery life for Surface devices.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Spotify sometimes crashing while playing music.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Google Chrome window being clipped on the top when maximized.
  • We fixed an issue with Mobile Hotspot that could result the host device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting if it was sharing on a 5GHz band and the connected device browsed to certain websites.
  • We fixed an issue where the pin prompt shown when connecting to certain VPNs would display behind the other open windows.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in LastPass and AdBlock extensions for Microsoft Edge not showing the expected context menu items or status information in subsequently opened Edge windows. We also fixed an issue where the current tab in Edge might hang after exiting Web Notes.
  • Projecting to a PC auto-discoverability is off by default. To have your PC beacon so it can be discovered and you can project to it through the Connect quick action from a Continuum enabled phone or another PC, go to Settings > System > Projecting to this PC and set "Windows PCs and phones can project to this PC when you say it's OK" to "Available everywhere" or "Available everywhere on secure networks". You can also set other settings on this page to your preference.

Known issues for PC

• A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
  • After you install this build on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the "For Developers" Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically. To fix this:

1. Go to Settings > System.
  2. Click on "Apps & features"
  3. Choose "Manage Optional features"
  4. Press the button "Add a feature"
  5. Select the package for Windows Developer Mode
  6. Click "Install"
  7. Reboot your PC
  8. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
  9. Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto
Finally, return to the "For Developers" Settings page. You will still see the error code, 0x80004005 but you should now be able to enable Windows Device Portal and the Device Discovery features.

The builds are coming so fast now, it might not even be worth starting a new thread for each, just update the title and keep on going.

It won't be much longer.... Zac Bowden wrote this in the Blog Article:

Microsoft are currently in sign-off mode for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, meaning all these builds are pretty much identical to what the public will be getting on August second, minus the few remaining bugs that Microsoft are squishing. My insider sources say Microsoft is aiming to have a final build for the Anniversary Update sign-off on by Friday the 15th, so at some point next week.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Sad that the updates broke wifi sharing. Not the actual sharing, but a few versions ago I could share my connection with kodi and use a kodi app to remote control it.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Having wifi connection issue on this build. Had to reboot several times already for various issues - wifi not connecting or loses connectivity, lockups, very long vibration on notifications, gets really hot. Clicking on notifications do not open the app, but the MS Store on desktop. Wtf?!

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Having wifi connection issue on this build. Had to reboot several times already for various issues - wifi not connecting or loses connectivity, lockups, very long vibration on notifications, gets really hot. Clicking on notifications do not open the app, but the MS Store on desktop. Wtf?!

I had a random lock up less than a day after updating requiring a soft reboot.
I also get the really long vibration on notifications.
Wi-Fi randomly decides when to connect or not connect.

Asides from that this has been the first really good build on my 650.

AustinCyclist1

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I did a demo of using continuum, with a mouse and keyboard (attached to computer, NO CONTINUUM DOCK) using 14385 and it works great.
I know the PC connect app came out month or two back so I probably said that incorrectly in vid that it was just part of the latest release.
The video:

No Continuum dock used.
950xl with 14385. Dell Latty (3 years old) with 14385.

I didn't realize it at the time, but the PC "connect app" can be maximized to go full screen and that works really well. I noticed in my previous version of windows prior to going to 14385 I didn't have connect. Noted the app store did not have it either. It was automatically installed when I went to 14385.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I installed 14385 on my two tablets (DV8P and HPS8) and main laptop (HP Pavilion). So far, here are my problems:
  1. Need to re-pair all Bluetooth devices after updating.
  2. Sticky Notes won't launch on my tablets. I already reset the apps, but it doesn't fix it. It just closes immediately. Works on my laptop though.

It's only been about two days. I'm sure other bugs might show up, but so far, I like it a lot more than TH2.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
for some reasons after upgrading to build 14385 on my 730 , cortana isn't showing the music note symbol on the top right corner of the screen.

is this related to my region and language setting? is this feature removed from this build?

any suggestion or solution will be much appreciated. :)

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
for some reasons after upgrading to build 14385 on my 730 , cortana isn't showing the music note symbol on the top right corner of the screen.

is this related to my region and language setting? is this feature removed from this build?

any suggestion or solution will be much appreciated. :)

I still have it. L950, using US Cortana (even though I'm in Canada).

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I still have it.

thats cool.:cool:

i feel like i have lost a limb here, music search is still not working on my device, even when i press the microphone icon. As given on microsoft blogs the music icon should appear when cortana is listening , but it doesn't work for me. shazam take a fair bit of time to open up, this cortana feature is the most desirable feature for me.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Because everything builds are coming so fast, I'll write here.

When I was on build 383 on my tablet/computer; Edge browser got hacked by one website that I have been using for one year or so and got blocked not by Microsoft though but by the hacker.
To recover I had to use the recovery channel of windows 10.

Not cool. And I thought the Microsoft's Windows Defender was good....

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This may be a strange question but on my secondary PC I set up Insider Builds on the Fast Ring but, no matter how many times I check for updates it says I am up to date. Are there ISO files for this build I can use to manually upgrade or not?

Thanks.

peterrey

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Excellent build generally, only snag encountered so far is that Edge refuses to close and I have to use Task Manager to close it down.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This may be a strange question but on my secondary PC I set up Insider Builds on the Fast Ring but, no matter how many times I check for updates it says I am up to date. Are there ISO files for this build I can use to manually upgrade or not?

Thanks.

if the PC was already sign up on fast on the last release, it might have updated overnight.. Have you checked you system info?

That is what happen to me on my tablet. I was checking and checking to turn out, it had installed on his own, me without knowing until I checked the system info

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm having Wifi issues on Mobile. It'll connect to wireless networks but will say "No Internet", other wireless devices on my network is fine. Rebooting is the only way I have found to resolve. Anyone else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo