Windows 10 update download never finishes? (wacky windows 10 part 1)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not so long ago I had an issue.. I wanted to update my laptop (slow ring), but it just wouldn't work.

The story..

Laptop breaks > laptop fixed after a while > laptop was on slow ring > needs new updates > set laptop to download new updates > downloading new updates works but never finishes (keeps restarting) > not the greatest internet speed so downloading constantly cripples everything in my house that is dependent on internet... > need internet back > also need updates :/

So that was the condensed version of my story. Hope you enjoyed it. So if you've gotten this far, you must be wondering what I did to solve this issue..

1. proceeded to MS blog and downloaded windows 10 iso file (twice) > both times files were corrupted for some reason (missing .dll)

2. proceeded to "other websites" to download torrent for windows 10 > don't know if this one would've worked, because the file I downloaded was meant for 32-bit devices (laptop - 64-bit)

3. downloaded netbalancer so that I could balance my (inter)net (get it?) (just throwing this one in here)

4. ran sfc/scannow > found no issues

5. tried to refresh the install, but the system would not allow it

6. thought about a clean install, but did not want to give in :/

All of that cost me time and effort.. So what finally did help?

Well turns out MS has a diagnostic tool for issues like this.. http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Ran this baby and the update went through :cool:

Did you ever have this issue? how did you solve it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Not so long ago I had an issue.. I wanted to update my laptop (slow ring), but it just wouldn't work.

The story..

Laptop breaks > laptop fixed after a while > laptop was on slow ring > needs new updates > set laptop to download new updates > downloading new updates works but never finishes (keeps restarting) > not the greatest internet speed so downloading constantly cripples everything in my house that is dependent on internet... > need internet back > also need updates :/

So that was the condensed version of my story. Hope you enjoyed it. So if you've gotten this far, you must be wondering what I did to solve this issue..

1. proceeded to MS blog and downloaded windows 10 iso file (twice) > both times files were corrupted for some reason (missing .dll)

2. proceeded to "other websites" to download torrent for windows 10 > don't know if this one would've worked, because the file I downloaded was meant for 32-bit devices (laptop - 64-bit)

3. downloaded netbalancer so that I could balance my (inter)net (get it?) (just throwing this one in here)

4. ran sfc/scannow > found no issues

5. tried to refresh the install, but the system would not allow it

6. thought about a clean install, but did not want to give in :/

All of that cost me time and effort.. So what finally did help?

Well turns out MS has a diagnostic tool for issues like this.. http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Ran this baby and the update went through :cool:

Did you ever have this issue? how did you solve it?

I've been on the forums for a couple of months and the troubleshooter is now one of the things I think of regularly when presented with this issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos