Green screen 1507 failed install is it best to wait it out until next build?

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I installed the latest fast insider on my new tablet coming from the release version.
Downloaded and went through a 100 percenter install but upon final restart it opened up to a green screen. Same as a blue screen but green. Sorry been out of the loop for awhile so not sure if the new green is the blue.

1507 is still at Update Status in the updates page. Does the next release cancel out 1507 and replace it?

How can I proceed to fix this problem or is it better to wait till the next build?
Thanks!

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
^
I imagine you mean Build 15007? Which tablet do you have? Based on experience with both desktop/laptop and mobile builds of 15007 I would recommend a skip. This Fast Ring build was not ready for prime time.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
^
I imagine you mean Build 15007? Which tablet do you have? Based on experience with both desktop/laptop and mobile builds of 15007 I would recommend a skip. This Fast Ring build was not ready for prime time.

Yes I meant 15007. My tablet is a Lenovo Idea Pad Miix 300.
So what happens to the 15007 update that's already downloaded and often prompting me to restart...does the next insider update override it when its released?
Been on the fast ring since the start pretty well. This release is the first that come to a dead stop.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
^
There should be a setting to 'pause' or 'delay' an Insider update which would theoretically skip and then prompt when a new update is released. I forget the terminology for it and am not on a home W10 pc to check. I remember doing that a few builds ago when that was problematic (wouldn't install will 3rd party antivirus software installed).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos