Which Ring(s) Are You In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Howdy Insiders.

Which Ring(s) are you in? Desktop? Mobile? Fast/Slow/Release? Do you abstain from Insider on some devices but not others?

Why? Why not?

Tell us how you use the Insider program and why...

Note: You may choose multiple options in the poll to reflect multiple devices. Thanks for participating.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: Which Ring Are You In?

Slow ring on Mobile and reason why is so I can get Creators on my 735

Twitter: @PhotographyET

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Fast ring on everything although I did just jump out of the insider ring on my sp4. My other desktops, laptops, and mobile devices are all fast ring.

I like to see and test new features as they come out so that's more or less why.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm pretty conservative. I only have one desktop machine so I run production on that. Don't want anything going wrong with my productivity and archive.

On mobile I only have one phone on W10M. I run that in the Release Ring. It seems to get more fixes faster and when a new RTM is ready to roll I get it just a bit early. I like the dependability of Release Ring.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I always keep my laptop out of the insider preview program. For mobile I'm normally on release preview because I like to play it safe. Jumped to slow so I can the creators update on my unsupported device.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Desktop, Surface Book, Ultra Book = Release Ring

1-older HP Notebook = I set back to Windows 7 because on difficulties I encounter when installing AU.

Surface Pro 3 = was set to Fast Ring, but with the last Build:16170 (RS3) I had nothing but issues so set back to CU for the time being. I will set back to Fast Ring as soon as a few bugs are fixed.

950XL = Fast Ring (full time, usually), last week I put it to Preview View Ring, and only put to Fast Ring to receive "chosen" updates for the time being (I did this to make sure that I don't have an issue like I did on the first RS3 Fast Ring update I received on my Surface Pro 3 last week).

I like it when both the 950XL and the SP3 are on Fast Ring so I can experience some of the interactions of WM10 and W10.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answers so far. I expected that they would vary a lot by user.

Guess I'm the only one that wants to fill in the poll?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Poll doesnt seem to show on the mobile app which may be why haha

I'd likely stick to release but we have multiple backup systems and the majority of the information I have is installed and run from our server and whatnot anyways so not much to really lose other than some time of setting it back up but haven't noticed a huge issue yet.

thurask

May 11, 2013
Visit site
For the longest time I had Fast on my desktop and Release Preview on my laptop (the laptop is the one that doesn't have time to break), but my desktop didn't take too well to 16170 so I reverted to Slow. Maybe once RS3 starts introducing features I'd bump it back up to Fast.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My laptop is on Production .I opted for Insider for the very first time yesterday to get the CU- Slow Ring and then changed to Release Preview.I might leave Insider later.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi - I am a bit on the aggressive side.

My 950XL and SP3 are always running on the fast ring. My desktop work computer usually gets updated to fast ring a week or two after a new build when I am comfortable with what has happened on my SP3.

fzs91

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Only my Lumia 950 xl runs on the Insider Program. Since I only have that one mobile phone and I use it all day long, to be safe, i prefer the release preview ring when the new Update starts rolling builds. When the slow ring insiders begin to say the builds are getting stable, I switch to slow and when i get some annoying bug and want it to be fixed rapidly, I try the Fast.

DragonPoo

May 20, 2016
Visit site
My work laptop is production. Can't risk that. My personal laptop and go-to tablet (W801) were on Fast, but not that 1703 is out, they're back to Release Preview until I feel that RS3 is ready. My old phone, L640, is on Fast. It's flashed with the T-Mo image and they never officially supported W10, so that was the only way to get it.

nimblebits

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I was on Fast ring for both mobile and desktop but have moved down to Release Preview until something interesting starts popping up in RS3.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Never used nor plan on using Insider on my Desktops.

On the other hand, just enrolled my 830, 650 and 950 into the Slow Ring. Prior too, my 830 was Release Ring with the other two on Production. Decided since we've gone into "Limp Mode" in regards to WM and my usage, might as well give it a shot to see if any of my daily annoyances improved, sadly that doesn't appear to be the case.

Got enough phones to keep me afloat so we'll sit back and see where things are headed.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro PC: no insider (it's for work)
Lumia 950 XL: Slow Ring
NuVison 7" Tablet: Slow Ring
Lumia 830 (for wife): PRelease
Lumia 830: for stepson: PRelease
Samsung ATIV SE: Fast Ring (hacked registry to appear as Lumia ICON)... but, i think this is the end of the line, as i can't get the CU....too bad, this is a great phone!)

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Fast ring on L1520 and Release Preview on L950XL as the 950XL is my daily driver and newest of the two. With L1520 being discontinued from the next builds I may just have to move the L950XL up to Fast Ring. I spend far less time on the home desktop so I see no need to try out anything there and just run production updates. Work desktops are administrator controlled, still on Win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon