How-To: Import HERE Collections to Map Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

koenigsbier

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
<edit> This has now been rendered moot. Maps App now Imports HERE Collections right inside the App. Simply press the star icon to get started.

NOTE: If you previously used this method, do not bother with the automatic method inside Maps. It does not get you folders, it merely doubles what you have previously imported and you have 2 of everything. </edit>

Actually yes now there is a way, I developed a tool for that Maps Favorites Importer. Enjoy it :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Import HERE Collections to Map Favorites

Confirmed working.

Opera 36 would not do it... I've just switched to Iron and had no issues getting this implemented. I have verified my Collections all show in Maps on Desktop App, Browser, and Mobile App.

There is no folder support, but everything came over as an alphabetical list.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This has now been rendered moot. Maps App now Imports HERE Collections right inside the App. Simply press the star icon to get started.

NOTE: If you previously used this method, do not bother with the automatic method inside Maps. It does not get you folders, it merely doubles what you have previously imported and you have 2 of everything.

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So, has anybody found a way to get the favorites grouped into favorites. Needing to scroll through to find "that coffee shop" near the office of a former client is time-consuming at best.

Also, how can I rename a location?

TIA.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, has anybody found a way to get the favorites grouped into favorites. Needing to scroll through to find "that coffee shop" near the office of a former client is time-consuming at best.

Also, how can I rename a location?

TIA.

To find near you... The Favorites appear on the Map as Stars that have labels. I have no problem finding what is near me and favorited. Simply zoom into the appropriate area of the map.

To edit... Tap the "Favorites Star" in the bottom options bar to open the Favorites panel. Press on a Favorite name and select edit from the pop up menu.

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Finding "near me" is easy. Finding something where I forgot the name is hard. I had folders of favorites to organize. Now it is just a semi random list.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess it is just Nicknames you can change.

My list is alphabetical and I've imported from HERE and added new ones so I don't know about semi-random unless you have lead characters that are numbers or symbols.

I agree, Folders would be nice and I miss them.

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I guess it IS in alpha order. Here's a typical problem I have. I have a favorite called North Rim, Grand Canyon. When I look for it in Maps using "Grand Canyon" (because that is what I remember), Maps ignores the favorite and points me to a generic Grand Canyon National Park location, which isn't what I want.

How so we tell MSFT that folders are truly necessary....and multiple stop routing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How so we tell MSFT that folders are truly necessary....and multiple stop routing.

Open the Feedback Hub from your all apps list... Search "maps, folders" that's what I just did. The key tactic is to upvote something that meets your needs and already has the most votes. You will see that many people replicate the issue and dilute voting that way. Always add your vote to strength when you can.

I just upvoted this one and added a comment (as RT): feedback-hub:?contextid=137&feedbackid=401bdf4f-3f15-41ea-8351-c3c9ad41bee3&form=2&src=2

I also upvoted the strongest contender on desktop for the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077