speed up your windows phone 10 works 100% and tested

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously waiting for the first phone to crash due to memory issues and the ensuing posts about how the hardware is crap and the OS is buggy.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously waiting for the first phone to crash due to memory issues and the ensuing posts about how the hardware is crap and the OS is buggy.
Changing the size of paging file (virtual memory) is nothing special in Windos OS, so what makes you thing like that ?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
DON'T DO IT!!! It will decrease phone internal memory life due to increased read write, it's not worth the risk!

I'm going to have to go with this. This process sounds great in practice, don't get me wrong, but messing around with the registry is obviously something Microsoft never intended us to do.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That is what I would normally think, too, but the fact that the 830 users don't see "Resuming" when using Whatsapp anymore and that I, with a 3Gb RAM 950XL see it every time songs signals that there's room for improvement.

I think memory allocation to old silverlight apps is limited in some way.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I managed to change it. But when I go back into the registry again, it went back to 256 :( I have Lumia 830

I also have a Lumia 830, I managed to do it, it now shows Virtual Memory - 1,00 GB.

I downloaded the latest Interop tools (1.9.437.0) from XDA (there's a download link a bit further down), You need to download both the InteropTools and Dependencies (presumably for ARM), and install the dependencies before you install the tools. Once done, it should show up in the app list. Open it and before changing anything, in the burger menu tap on Unlock > Interop unlock and there turn on "Restore NDTKSvc" if it wasn't already. Restart inbetween, I guess (not sure if entirely necesary, but that's what I did). After that change the registry entry and restart.

I first tried this with some older version of Interop Tools (I got the link from some Windows central article), that one, once installed, was only accessible through settings > Extras. I could browse the registry and change something, but the changes didn't stick.

If you had this one, maybe that's why it didn't work, if you have the latest one, check that Unlock thing

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if it works on Lumia 635?

I know it should, but I dont want to take chances as its my daily driver.
I would really appreciate if someone can try and post the outcome.

(note: mine is a 512mb model, on Production build)

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if it works on Lumia 635?

I know it should, but I dont want to take chances as its my daily driver.
I would really appreciate if someone can try and post the outcome.

(note: mine is a 512mb model, on Production build)

Couldn't wait :p so did it anyways;
So far looks good but will post my results after using properly.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Messing around with this on 950XL I gave up trying to unlock and now when connected to pc I can see system folders rather than normal folder view.
How can I restore this back to normal again without having to hard reset?

Same time went to latest release on fast ring again from production which appears to be a lot faster without any tweaks so probably will stay on that for now.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Not instant response I would expect from finished build but appears more responsive and smoother at same time, in general faster loading and while I still sometimes see "Loading" on start of some apps briefly I have not seen "Resuming" yet (finger crossed)..

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just caught this post. I knew PagingFile/virtual memory in the history of windows to always be set to 1.5x the amount of RAM installed. But this was on desktops, laptops, etc. This was also back in my desktop support days pre-Windows 8. I've noticed the paging file long ago for mobile and is static at 256gb, at least on my 830. For mobile can some one help me understand why a device with 1gb has a 256mb paging file for virtual memory?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Maybe they did that to support devices with 8GB of storage? That would make sense actually. Unless giving 1GB to this can really harm your internal storage memory...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well. I think I poorly phrased my last statement or maybe misinterpreted what I knew..after the system boots it will have loaded most everything in physical RAM. Kernel, system, etc.... Pagefile was configured based on that and available ram atleast in the xp/w7 days. Not sure how w10m uses memory once finally booted but it can't use more than 512 mb of RAM right? It also makes sense that the page file has a static size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte