Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
REPEATING AUDIBLE NOTIFICATIONS

Please, please! I need my phone to bleep every few minutes if I've missed an SMS message. This is a showstopper requirement for me.

Every other phone OS you can find either provides it built in, or supports apps that provide it (e.g. search for "Repeating Notifications" in the Android store). My phone lives in my pocket or bag so the flashing LED is no good for me.

Obviously which notifications (including none) should be user-configurable, as should the repeat interval. Also it must observe the "Quiet Times" feature.

Please, Microsoft - I can't buy a Windows phone until this feature appears! :unhappy:

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
-Bring back the large tiles! 2X2 and 2X1.
-Ability to create playlists from folders in File Explorer
-Transparent/Wallpapered notifications area

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
- Unlock screen with swipe just like BlackBerry OS10 do. (locked phone, swipe up from windows button will be unlock it to start)

Karl Whitfield

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Personally i am desperate for Microsoft to add an 'Auto-Answer' option when connected to a Bluetooth Handsfree Device.
Drivers should not have to take their hands off the wheel to press a button on the phone in this day and age.

Vote for Auto Answer in Windows Phone HERE

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally i am desperate for Microsoft to add an 'Auto-Answer' option when connected to a Bluetooth Handsfree Device.
Drivers should not have to take their hands off the wheel to press a button on the phone in this day and age.

Vote for Auto Answer in Windows Phone HERE

Doesn't bother me. The deck in my truck supports auto answer and it works great with my windows phone :)

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
1. Lockscreen types (Picture, Pattern, Pin ...etc).It should show battery percentage.
2."Most used" sorting in the app list.
3.Action centre should be of different colour or transparent .It should include music player and brightness slider.
4.Notification centre should display store downloading and bluetooth sharing.
5.DOWNLOADS APP that shows downloaded files in the browser.
6.START SCREEN-Interactive tiles with new tile sizes.
7.Landscape orientation with including action centre .
8.Ability to lock apps and messages with pin.
9.Little App gap should be filled fast.
10.Support for new sensors, finger print and 3D touch..etc

TMessy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
different colors for home screen tiles and phone accent color.
i.e. Black, mostly transparent, tiles with a teal phone accent color (ui).

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see some serious changes to Data Sense. As it stands in 8.1, it is useless if you have a shared data plan with multiple phones on the plan.

It should keep up with all the same usage data, but you should be able to configure an option as "shared data plan", and enter the Microsoft Accounts of all phones on the same shared data plan. Each user would then confirm they are part of that plan. Once all users are confirmed, you would be able to track each individuals data usage with overall summaries for all users. This way you can know at a glance how much shared data remains for the rest of the billing cycle. Data would have to be stored in a database online in one of the users OneDrive, with each person designated as part of that shared plan having full read/write access to the database file.

Other options for settings are also required. Some people have a monthly recurring data plan, and some people are every 30 days, others are every 7 days. An option for daily, monthly, and custom number of days should be added. Some people purchase an amount of data, and that data is good until used. This should also be handled somehow.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Guys what about on screen volume control in music app, like the one in Android TTPod, without pressing volume button.

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys what about on screen volume control in music app, like the one in Android TTPod, without pressing volume button.

Would love to have this. One of the main reason for trading my L620 for L730 was volume button getting bricked often. After that, am slightly skeptical regarding volume buttons frequent usage.

CernT

May 12, 2014
Visit site
All programs especially from Microsoft itself must have black background and white text for these amoled displays (Email, texts sms, browser,...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3