My phone got stucked in spinning gears and sad smiley.what to do?

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I was using windows 10 TP (10166) in my L730.The action center toggles started to blink non stop.So I hard reseted my phone.But it ended up in spinning gears and sad smiley.I tried all possible combinations ..hard reset,soft reset,taking out the battery and still no change.What to do?
Can I roll it back to win 8.1 using recovery tool?Which one is better..WPRT or Lumia Software Recovery Tool?And what to do if the pc didn't recognize my phone?
Do I have to download the 1.7GB file each time I roll back to 8.1?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It happens to my 635 because I made hard reset using the hardware buttons. It was a mess!

So I used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool plugged my 635 and using this combination: "Turn your phone OFF, when you plug in your computer hold the volume down button and an exclamation (!) will appear on your screen. With this the WPRT will be able to recognize your phone again.

This is the original How-to from MS:

"Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).
When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark."

When your phone has this exclamation mark WPRT will be able to recognize your phone again.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I tried the WPRT tool.It identified my phone as UEFI mode.Then it started to download the installation files...1.73 GB.At some times the downloading got stopped and I gave retry.Also I disconnected my 730 from laptop.After downloading I connected my phone again.It displayed "checking compatibility of downloaded files" and "error"...Bang..don't know what to do..it's prompting me to download the 1.73 GB again..my phone is still stuck in spinning gears.Could somebody please help me??
What I should do?Do I have to download again?Where is the downloaded files saved in the PC?Do I have to connect my phone continously?
What is UEFI mode?

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Use Lumia Software recovery tool. It will identify your phone and you can also disconnect your phone during download, you even don't need to download the firmware if already downloaded once.

I got same problem in 520 while upgrading to WM 10 TP, it gave me spinning wheels then BSOD & again spinning wheels then again BSOD, cycle goes on. I tried WPRT but it couldn't identify phone, identified it in UEFI mode which I thought not gonna work & used Lumia RT instead and it could identify & flash my phone very fine.

divyan

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Strange. I had the problem the other way. For me, in Lumia 930, my outlook account does not work. Neither does the contacts shows in 'people' application. However everything works well with my gmail account. I suspect somehow previous backup gets restored during installation of TP10.

At present I am back to Windows 8.1. Will try the next TP or the 'real' stuff.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Use Lumia Software recovery tool. It will identify your phone and you can also disconnect your phone during download, you even don't need to download the firmware if already downloaded once.

I got same problem in 520 while upgrading to WM 10 TP, it gave me spinning wheels then BSOD & again spinning wheels then again BSOD, cycle goes on. I tried WPRT but it couldn't identify phone, identified it in UEFI mode which I thought not gonna work & used Lumia RT instead and it could identify & flash my phone very fine.

Thanks..Am gonna try it using Lumia RT.But can I use the firmware which I have downloaded using WPRT? I don't know where it is..I tried but couldn't find it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes