Windows 10 Phone 10536 -Massive Battery Drain

Wikus Kruger

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

installed the latest 10536 on Lumia 930 - Not a clean install. (Migration)

I suddenly have massive battery drain? Device was fully charged at 7am - By 10am, i only have 40% Left, with average use?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Were any of the apps updating in the back ground?
When I first put 10536 on my L625 around 10 or so apps were updating for the first hour or so.
Apart from the battery how is it running?
I only ask as my main phone is a L930 but I haven't updated it yet as WP8.1 runs great on it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try these:

Press and hold the back button and close any apps you're not using.

Fully power down the phone and restart it (press and hold the power button until you get the prompt to slide the lockscreen to power down. This will kill any rogue processes.

Make sure you don't have any unwanted processes running (Bluetooth, NFC, etc.)

Failing that, a hard reset would be needed.

Mihai Stroescu

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
hello,
same problem this morning with my 930, battery was drained in almost 6 hours.
4G was off
wifi on but not connected
phone was only connected to bluetooth headset.
now it's at 98%...i'm really curious if it will survive until tomorrow morning like the previous build. :)

Wikus Kruger

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys

I am thinking its 930 related.......... as i searched a few threads, not alot of complaints of battery drain, but i saw about 5-6 users on 930 reporting. I have mine on battery saver 100% now, to just get through half the day...

Mihai Stroescu

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
weird thing......yesterday my phone died because it run out of battery....after i recharge it it hold one day with usage and NOT on battery saver. :)
so now the battery holds very good.
Try to drain the battery completely and then recharge it to 100% like I did.....maybe it will work for you to

Wikus Kruger

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks let me try, the phone also got extremely hot at some times.
This morning i see the phone is operating at normal tempratures, will check the battery during today, and report back...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Check in this area:
Settings > system > battery saver > battery use > change background app settings

Under this you'll find which apps can run in the background; you'll see a lot of apps that you don't need still running and consuming power. I've only enabled core apps to be able to run like messaging and phone

Try this and see if it makes a difference. There might be an app that consumes most of the battery by running in the background and you can switch it off

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have quite an opposite experience so far with my L1520, updated from 8.1, no hard reset. I turned off NFC and Bluetooth, GPS is on. The device is cold, it was heating up randomly with 512. But it may be too soon to tell. 512 degenerated after a while and then problems started. I had to restart the phone then to get the overheating under control, I did not restart it for a while now, let's see how it holds up.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issues, it is somewhat more resurce intensive than 10512.
Anyways, try under battery saver to turn off Edge browser from running in the background, this helped in my case a lot!

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Also running it on my L930, but did do a reset... and have no problems at all. As a matter of fact, the battery life is much better than in previous builds in my opinion/experience. Took it off the charger today at 7 AM, and now (6 PM) I still have 60 % (with 4G and Bluetooth on). Of course nothing can beat the 8.1 battery life...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99