Keyboard downloads

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have this issue? I want to install any downloadable data for a keyboard and it just keeps failing? It's the UK keyboard in particular I can't get to finish downloading.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yupp it was supposedly fixed with the latest build, but I lost my keyboards after hard resetting..

If you really want it, you can supposedly do the following: downgrade to 8.1, download the desired keyboard, update again and it should be a breeze to download again

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yupp it was supposedly fixed with the latest build, but I lost my keyboards after hard resetting..

If you really want it, you can supposedly do the following: downgrade to 8.1, download the desired keyboard, update again and it should be a breeze to download again
Wow... No thanks. :grin: I finally got all my apps re-installed on 10 after 2 and a half days of downloading. If I go back to 8.1 now, I'm not going to 10 again. It's just because I like using the UK Cortana.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow... No thanks. :grin: I finally got all my apps re-installed on 10 after 2 and a half days of downloading. If I go back to 8.1 now, I'm not going to 10 again. It's just because I like using the UK Cortana.

Yea at this point imma just hold out for a new build as well :p

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi over here...

I've got a Lumia 1020 with the build 10536 installed. I had installed it over 10512, and that one, in turn, over the previous build. I refused and refused to lost my WhatsApp messages and games progress, but the slowness and battery drain turned so unbeareable, that I had no option. But instead of rolling back to W8.1, I decided to try and hard-resetting on the W10 itself.

Leaving outside the fact that the results have been outstanding, I had the same problem that tpapictures: I lost the voices and keyboard suggestions that I had before.

The solution is to re-download (in case of you have chosen not to restore the backup from OneDrive) the Windows Insider app, and re-enrole in the Fast Ring. That's the way you tell the phone that you want to "continue being a betatester", and hence, keep downloading new stuff over the beta you already have got.

After doing that, when retrying the Voice or Keyboard Suggestion download, the phone will get them through the Update section in Settings.

Hope it helps!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
just make sure that you have more than 40% battery while downloading the keyboards. with less it won't download

This is kind of true, but not for downloads :) Mostly for OS updates. I've seen the phone display messages that the battery should be at a certain % before installing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss