Did anyone else notice?

Real Guy

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
When you remove the Search/Cortana live tile from your start screen, your phone gets blazing fast. I'm talking about the last insider build. The OS's overall performance, including apps such as MS Edge, get MUCH FASTER and responsive. I would say that this trick makes W10M run as fast as 8.1, if not faster than that. Even the "loading..." instances are almost gone. Can't wait for the next build.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
When you remove the Search/Cortana live tile from your start screen, your phone gets blazing fast. I'm talking about the last insider build. The OS's overall performance, including apps such as MS Edge, get MUCH FASTER and responsive. I would say that this trick makes W10M run as fast as 8.1, if not faster than that. Even the "loading..." instances are almost gone. Can't wait for the next build.
Cortana on live tile on start screen is laggy on wp8.1 too though ...at least for me it is

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's always been advisable to remove the Cortana tile from the start screen, this has been known since Cortana first arrived.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Never noticed this kind of problems on 8.1...

Anyway since the tile is mostly broken on W10 and doesn't display the weather anymore, I stopped using it

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea, there was a problem when Cortana was first released where the home screen would just get stuck on resuming if you had the tile pinned. I haven't had it pinned since.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Well.. I'll remove this tile when I get home ( I left my phone). I thought this issue would be fixed by now considering the Cortana tile has cause problems since it was first introduced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3