Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

has anyone ran this new update without doing a hard reset.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Just finished the update to a new build. I'm assuming that since we rolled back to 8.1, which creates a clean phone, the upgrade to this build MIGHT not need a hard reset?
I will know more after the loooooong list of app updates is finished. You pretty much can't test drive the new build until it finishes downloading apps and installing them. Phone is pretty busy even though you are looking at a fresh start screen.

Edit: Update.....all apps have downloaded. Man, the store is far crisper now. And no evidence that a hard reset will be needed. (so far)
There's cleaner code running underneath this build, in my opinion. You can feeeeeeel it.

Some proof is I reloaded the WC app after abandoning it in 10536. (unusably slowwww) It still has a hint of delay compared to 8.1, but much snappier (ish)too. I doubt seriously any code in the app changed, so it's core code that did.

Last edited:

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

So where is the info about the new build?? Where is user feedback, prons, cons???

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know how to unlink mailboxes on 10549? I can't find the option to unlink them in the mailbox, and I know I was able to do this on the earlier beta build.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile build 10549 its on available on fast ring

There is this amazing size scaling feature in the settings which gave my 735 the multitask menu for phablets and 5 icons in the action centre when it's not expanded. I can even get the option to show more tiles so that each row can be filled by 4 medium sized tiles. It's really cool.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site

What is peoples aversion to doing a hard reset anyway? If you rolled back to 8.1 it was wiped anyway. You should ALWAYS do a hard reset with each OS build released just for good measure. It's not hard.

Squall611

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Installed it on my Lumia 640XL. Still getting a Loading screen after unlock. And I can't add my Live email account through outlook. When I try to add it, it gives me a message saying: Account already exists. There's an account set up to use (Live Mail). Back to 8.1 for me.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm done. Tired of this perpetual preview build. I'm back on 8.1 which at least mostly works. After I get my Band 2 will see how it performs with my 1520. If no good, switching to Nexus

Last edited:

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

So far, working pretty nicely on my 1520. Responsive, and i like the new, powerful blue color they added that I missed since WP8. Only thing wrong is that, apparently, the Movies and TV app went missing. I guess core apps going missing is a common bug. Other than that, I'm not running into any problems yet

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I must say this is much faster than the last one. Haven't run into any issues since doing s bunch of updates and restarts. I'm glad glance screen is back in the settings so I could turn it off. Keyboard also seems to be faster. We will see as time goes on if it starts getting slow.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

So if I roll back to 8.1 can I restore from back-up and move up to the new build and repeat the hard reset, restore from back-up process? Or does this force me to have a phone without any of my data, starting from scratch?

MS REALLY needs to fix the upgrading process. They can't expect the average consumer to go through this junk, especially if it means losing their data, just to get the new OS running good on their phones. They are having too many regressions and stubborn bugs.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

Just had to log in to note your ignorance...
The average consumer will be COMING FROM WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 ANYWAYS... -.- gosh

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

640 -
Yes, I was on 10536, WDRT'd back to 8.1 (stopped all the app updates), and went to 10549. After 10549 installed, I did a hard reset.

I did have some issue with the messaging app appearing to hang the Start Screen. After a minute or so it seemed to resolve itself. One time I did a soft reset and I ended losing one very very recent text message.

After about an hour or two on 10549, the phone informed me it had to restart to install updates. I checked and it installed the "Windows Insider" or some such update. After the reboot, it went through those 22 steps and all of my apps came up as "Pending". A soft reset fixed it.

Yes, it seems faster. However, that is compared to what 10536 became after a month or so of Daily Driver use, so I don't know how close it is to 8.1

Duolingo does not work at all for me right now. Everything else seems okay.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
635 with 512mb. I have found this build to be a huge improvement. Much more stable and the overall look and feel are closer to the finish line.

My only gripe thus far is my missing Movies & TV icon. The app is there but it does not show up in the app list, which means I cannot pin it to Start. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can bring it back to the list? Thanks!

EDIT
I was shocked to see the difference between 10 and 8.1. Wow. I can't stand 8.1 anymore - almost feels like "My first smartphone". 10 mobile is such a huge improvement. I cannot wait until final release.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site

The other thing I see with the lockscreen is that when your screen is off and you hit the power button......a split second before the lockscreen comes on it shows the start screen.

On the 166 build....I had my theme to be dark and when you did this....same thing would happen but the theme showed white during this glitch.

Hope they get a fix for this glitch and maybe prior to next build?

Are you guys getting a blank lock screen when a notification turns the screen on?

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I found the answer to my problem - finding how to pin separate email accounts to the home screen is nigh impossible without already knowing that long press trick.

Otherwise, the new build is pretty good so far. Much snappier than before, and no issues with downloading apps.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

MS REALLY needs to fix the upgrading process. They can't expect the average consumer to go through this junk, especially if it means losing their data, just to get the new OS running good on their phones. They are having too many regressions and stubborn bugs.

They don't need to - because normal customers won't be upgrading from internal test builds. Normal customers will get an upgrade from W8.1 to W10M RTM and that's it, any further W10M updates in the future would be exactly the same W10M v1 gold to v2 gold etc and that's all they'll need to test. So upgrade issues between test builds is by all means is an issue only relevant to Insider people and why upgrade issues keeps popping up but is in no priority in need of fixing because as an Insider they've explicitly told you that you should be comfortable starting fresh when testing these things, whinging about stuff that you've agreed to take part in is counter productive and is just noise on the forum.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
3 hours in and I have had no issues. Fixed the preview for my mailbox as it wouldn't utilize the live tile.

Everything feels snappier, apps don't glitch nearly as much opening and I haven't experienced any freezes yet. Battery life still needs optimizing and I'm hoping that is going to be a big focus soon.

Using an HTC One M8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills