Would i be able to jump directly to build 10581(released today) from win8.1?

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can but all you need to be a member of windows insider. Download windows insider app on ur lumia and Choose Fast ring membership after registration.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Whenever you upgrade from WP8.1, you will upgrade to the latest available version in the stream available for the version you choose (fast ring or slow ring).

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Just to be safe, make sure you back up all of your stuff just in case (music, photos, contacts,,etc). But I think it does it anyways, but you never know. It does usually ask if you wanna restore from backup upon rebooting from the upgrade.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm literally new on this Insider Preview thing so I'm quite scared to try it... Is there a high probability that my Lumia will be bricked?

Is hard reset really required? If yes what would I do with my app and game data? Files, pictures, videos, and contacts?

BTW I'm using Lumia 520.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So far, people are saying hard reset is no longer needed for the latest build. I'll be jumping in on the insider preview for the first time tonight on my L920.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
So far, people are saying hard reset is no longer needed for the latest build. I'll be jumping in on the insider preview for the first time tonight on my L920.

I didn't hard reset and 10458 is the highest version my Lumia 920 will update to, went straight from 8.1 yesterday. No regrets, it's still a gorgeous OS, but now I know what I did wrong to not get the latest build.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I've just updated from Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (the one they didn't release) and I haven't had any problems at all.

Some people said that they didn't get any email alerts but I found that the settings in the app were turned off by default.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte