Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I'm experiencing on the 1520:
1. Cortana specific music commands does not work (Play Artist Eagles, Play Song Hotel California or Play Playlist Rock)(Music lives on the SD card) I have not tried if it lives on the Phone.
2. Living images - intermittent issue with living images not working.
3. Previewing last photo from the camera app takes a long time to preview (~5 - 30 seconds) Shows finalizing seems post processing occurs at this time.
4. Previewing last photo snap from the camera app sometimes shows a black screen instead. (swiping to previous then back will fix the issue)
5. Facebook 10.1 - Contact syncing takes a long time to sync about 10 minutes for 100 of my contacts.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
How much patience do a faithful WP user needs to have to stay in this platform?

It's actually not that bad. I mean, I have say a couple of times that it's amazing this Build, wich is supossed to be the RTM and the one installed on the Lumia 950, has so many many many bugs, in many shapes and ways, but I believe it's not the one we are going to get as the official OTA Update for our phones (and the general user base), and perhaps that is indeed the actual Build we are going to get, but I really believe a lot of bug fixings and polish and work it's in a day zero update after the official update. I mean, THIS can't be the one.

So, I say, you can lose your patience if this was the actual stuff you are getting as the official update, after all, this is a beta.

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Any of you guys do hard reset after upgrading to 10586.11? Just want to know if there's any difference in terms of performance and usability?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The same here (l1020) in WP8.1 after lumia camera app update ;) But I'm curious about your battery consumption (not necessarily now, when apps are installing...and etc, but in a few next days).

The app-installing phase has been over, sufficient to be able to gauge the battery performance in the new build. I haven't noticed any difference from build 10581 - at least that means it is not worse. Under Wi-Fi my Lumia 1020 will last an easy ~18 hours with normal non-heavy use. Of course taking a lot of photos and videos will make the battery level start to drop.

Where I'm in, 4G consumes more power than 3G (regardless if there's a 4G connection available or not), so I've remained in 3G for my Internet connection when I'm not at home. Despite that, I could only get ~10 hours of normal use (occasional photo, chats, messages) - which is a slight improvement of how it was back in 8.1.

Still, I always bring a power bank with me, and I keep my phone charged above 50% to reduce battery wear (since a successor isn't in sight yet).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
What the heck. Now my Nokia Camera has disappeared by itself again and only the regular camera is on my 1520. That renders my camera useless because the OIS is f*cked in Microsofts own camera and I can't get sharp pictures even outside in daylight. The store won't let install the Lumia Camera as it says it's not compatible with my device even though it surely is as it works wonders before the system just deletes it by itself. Without my Lumia Camera the camera in my 1520 is worthless.

Search store for lumia camera beta, that might work

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Allow me to say this: regardless of all the ranting and errors, I know very well that desiging, building, testing and deploying a new OS and updating myriad handset models and debugging them IS hard work, and Microsoft have more models than Apple do of their iPhone range, but then Microsoft have VAST software experience over the last few decades (and this IS NOT their first Windows Phone OS), and it's not as if this is an OS that has been developed in one month - this has been built over many, MANY months with a GIGANTIC number of "insiders" and bug reports to help them work out the issues. I really couldn't be more disinterested in what the fanboys and MS apologists think about this matter, it is rather a poor show and an extremely bad impression to people moving to Lumia and Windows 10, regardless of excuses, "reasons" etc, there's more bugs than an ant farm in this OS, and it is extremely troubling to think that this OS is pre-installed on a NEW AND SHIPPING "flagship" handset in its current, broken state. No wonder people rave about Apple - I've used Apple products for MANY years, and they have many faults at times, but let me tell you this - never, EVER have they had so many fundamental, core aspects of their OS and features broken all at one time; they just wouldn't consider releasing software in this state or anything approximating it, as it's an embarrassment and potentially damaging to a company's reputation.

Really, I think it may be wise for Gabe to hold back on the affable Tweeting to all and sundry for a few weeks and focus on driving it home to his team "Fix this, or you're fired" - that's how Apple got where it is now, by hard-lining and being meticulous and obsessive. This is hardly helping a company who's mobile platform is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth, and trying hard to fire on ALL engines to renew the impression of it's platform.

when I said calm down, I meant your statements were quite energetic and exaggerated. Maybe it's the way you speak and write. Using capitalised words, extreme adjectives, etc.

If I were a person listening to advice, I would prefer those who came directly to the point without beating about the bush and complaining heavily of things not working.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Gah I'm having issues. My OIS in my Lumia 1520 seems broken. Can't even get a sharp image outside in daylight, the OIS is functioning but seems broken. Now I can't revert back to 8.1 because I can't establish a USB connection to my PC for the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It just keeps beeping, it finds the phone but loses contact every few second and on and on in a loop it goes. So the recovery tool can't access information about my phone hence I'm not able to roll back to 8.1. Figured I would do that before I return the phone for a refund.

try a different USB port, USB cable or Nokia Software Updater

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Grant that its a Lumia 1020, and older hardware but the last two buillds , in particular 10586 have so many bugs and issues im actually back on 8.1 for the first time since August, I'm guessing each build is gonna get worse for older devices, the early build were amazing with insane performance, it's kinda disappointing, but o well 8.1 it is for me, I'm really gonna miss groove and my pc and phone syncing with missed calls and voice mails synced in action center also OneDrive , photo app are sorely missed as well , a suggestion for anyone upgrading on a 1020 , do not reset after upgrade or you won't have access point and call volume is so low you have to use speaker.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Any of you guys do hard reset after upgrading to 10586.11? Just want to know if there's any difference in terms of performance and usability?

All of us who hard reset on 581 :)
Not sure about this build but some of previous ones was same (in term of performance) with or without hard reset for me.

Sent from mTalk

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hard-reset, not s sure though.

Sent from mTalk

Hard reset will not remove it, I had the same issue and you have to use windows recovery tool on PC, works like a charm and then reinstall 8.1 and reinstall insider app and select fast ring and boom there you go

androAnuj

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had done hard reset after installing build 10581.
@)So will my phone run into loop if i upgrade to build 10586??
@)Will hard reset keys solve the issue?
I am using lumia 730

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I had done hard reset after installing build 10581.
@)So will my phone run into loop if i upgrade to build 10586??
@)Will hard reset keys solve the issue?
I am using lumia 730

If you upgrade to build 10586 from 10581 you will run into bootloop issue regardless ,the only solve I've found its recovering to 8.1 and starting from scratch.

pargony

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
About Access Point:

On my Lumia 925 I upgraded from 10581 to 10586 and then did a hard reset because everything was crashing randomly. I then couldn't get any signal from T-mobile for data, texting and calls worked fine though. After a good hour of scouring forums online I found this:

forum <dot> xda-developers <dot> com/showthread <dot> php?t=2240233 (won't let me post links and help people cause I haven't made 10 posts yet, stupid....replace the <dot> with . and an http at the beginning.)

Access Point is fixed, Mobile data connection is back up and running. Messaging crashes about 2/3 of the time I go into the app, and groove still blows goats. It won't play music most of the time, and / or will think about it for several minutes before crashing. Either Microsoft has *never* put out updated drivers for it's phones they claim will be upgraded soon or they're also going to completely **** off anyone that buys a 950. Making awesome hardware and shooting themselves in the foot with customer relations or advertising has been their thing since at least Zune.

Hopefully it gets better, I'm loving the 90% increase on my shares the past 2.5 years I've owned them....just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was afraid to encounter the reboot loop since I hard reset my L635 in build 10581. But I was one of the lucky ones that upgraded to 10586 without seeing the reboot loop!. The new build seems a bit faster than previous one. Here is my observations:

- The update took 65 minutes versus 45 minutes for 10581
- The Storage Sense now works
- Store manual update pushed Windows Alarms and Xbox apps
- Edge loads sites really fast now!
- Battery Saver app is gone
- The people hub still shows empty circles!
- Display Brightness does not work, both in Settings and in the Notification Center
- The phone still does not recognize by Windows or Nokia recovery tools in PC via USB cable
- Taping on Outlook email tile still opens the previous opened email account (not Outlook)
- Converter does not open in the Calculator menu.
- Cortana does not open and says "Bing isn't available right now, but everything should be back to normal very soon" :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion