How to use onenote for windows mobile 10

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've never used onenote as I don't even know how or where to use it but I thought why not try it out

The problem I'm having is I can't open a onenote I saved on my phone as the app keeps showing this error

"Onenote must be online to complete this operation

Error: 0x803D0010
Try Again "

So how do I work with onenote in offline mode? And how do I create more onenotes without having to connect to the internet each and every time?

Lumia 1020
Windows mobile 10 build 10586

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
First you need to be online to set up and load your account. Than you will be able to make notes in offline mode as well.

I did do that at the beginning but it still asks me to connect to the internet. I'll try with net and then off to see what happens. But it would be a poor app if it relies exclusively on the internet

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It surely doesnt i use it almost daily on mobile and PC in online and offline mode. Try something and than you may ask me again or try someone else ;) good luck

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I did do that at the beginning but it still asks me to connect to the internet. I'll try with net and then off to see what happens. But it would be a poor app if it relies exclusively on the internet

It doesn't rely on internet but that's its strongpoint and advantages,where you can take notes on the go and continue from PC,it will sync your notes and changes to those notes when you go online but it can be used offline.

Last edited:

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The "free" upgrade from Onenote 2010 to OneNote 2013 required your files be saved to OneDrive. There is no option for saving it locally. I don't know if this applies to you.

Or maybe you just need to reset your default settings.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The "free" upgrade from Onenote 2010 to OneNote 2013 required your files be saved to OneDrive. There is no option for saving it locally. I don't know if this applies to you.

Or maybe you just need to reset your default settings.

I'm trying to use on my windows phone, not on the computer

It doesn't rely on internet but that's its strongpoint and advantages,where you can take notes on the go and continue from PC,it will sync your notes and changes to those notes when you go online but it can be used offline.

This is a weak point in my opinion as if I don't have internet, I can't view or edit notes. So how do I use it without net? I could have typed a list of instructions for taking photos on top of a mountain and of course there's no internet there

I tried again to open or edit notes without internet, onenote won't let me do anything, just keeps saying connect to internet

I'm not using an more effort for this app. This would be the first app in the windows mobile system that I would like to uninstall but I can't

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
There must be something you are doing wrong. I have synced it once and then you have to be able to access it anytime you're offline. You can create edit delete and then it should sync it with other devices via cloud when you connect to the internet. I don't know what you're doing wrong. Im sorry that you're unsatisfied with this app.

Have you tried checking in the settings if you're logged in with your correct account?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There must be something you are doing wrong. I have synced it once and then you have to be able to access it anytime you're offline. You can create edit delete and then it should sync it with other devices via cloud when you connect to the internet. I don't know what you're doing wrong. Im sorry that you're unsatisfied with this app.

Have you tried checking in the settings if you're logged in with your correct account?

I'll try posting a screen cast today

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to use on my windows phone, not on the computer

This is a weak point in my opinion as if I don't have internet, I can't view or edit notes. So how do I use it without net? I could have typed a list of instructions for taking photos on top of a mountain and of course there's no internet there

I tried again to open or edit notes without internet, onenote won't let me do anything, just keeps saying connect to internet

I'm not using an more effort for this app. This would be the first app in the windows mobile system that I would like to uninstall but I can't

like I said before it doesn't rely on internet, that's it's strongpoint, have you ever let it sync at least ONCE?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb