WM10 preview silently using a lot of mobile data ?

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
So, yesterday i got a message from my carier telling I've used up all my data. I went to Data usage app on wm10 and noticed that system has used 500 MB in just four days. Also my lumia 920 is warm even when its locked and battery is draining fast too. I've noticed that when you dissable mobile data, battery lifetime improves a lot and phone is no longer warm in standby mode. Question is if anybody had/has same problems as me ?

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may check which of the app are using data (Data usage) and power (Battery saver) in the settings.

In my case, most of the data was used by my Outlook mail - it was set to auto-download images and it just so happened that someone sent me a lot of emails containing high-resolution images.

As for battery life, majority of the consumption came from Messaging+Skype - easily solved by signing out from Skype.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Check if in data grand total the most & is System due to core apps updates (from 10 to 60 MB each one) and tthe Onedrive photo / video sinc settings

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I took only few photos and no videos, so onedrive is out. And I was only using few apps, also all apps and their updates were downloaded through wifi so apps is kind of out. And I had my data limit (in data usage app) set too. So it's a bit frustrating for me. Anyways I rolled back to 8.1 and it feels so right compared to wm10 which is terribly optimised... No more battery drain and nearly no data used in the background ^^

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
After I upgraded to 586 I had to go through a few resets due to issues, the third hard reset was due to the issue you described. If you look at what apps are using all the date and it shows to be "System" then there is nothing that will fix it other than a hard reset. Since then I've not had anymore issues, updated to .11 then .29 and everything is still stable and running great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte