.71 build and using mobile data

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My 640 upgraded a few days ago through the insider program to .71. Since then, I've had several mobile apps that no longer want to transmit any data down the phone side - only want to use wi-fi to work... I have attempted to make sure that the permissions are set to allow for cell data to be used (as I am generally not in areas where I have wi-fi or would want to access a public network)

Is MSFT addressing this issue? Has anyone else noticed it? Where I really noticed it last night was posting photos up to facebook... 5 bars of LTE and it wouldn't upload for crap... downloading updates from FB was ok, but uploading was basically a no-go.

Further, (and this goes beyond this build because .63 did it too) is the Gas Buddy app... what good does a gas price app do if you can't access the wireless data to transmit/receive? Once I get home, it's a little late (and I can use my PC at that point, anyway...)

lastly, .63 had really REALLY good battery life... .71 - eh, not so much (so far)... I noticed my phone is using a lot more battery than it did. I'm going to try shutting it off and starting it yet again (I've done it 2 or 3 times already) and it hasn't helped. I'm thinking it's the build...

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Seeing similar but different issue myself. Since updating two 735's on our plan one of them has bad poor battery life and has been consuming wireless data at alarming rates. I assume the two issues are related. I'm in the process of resetting the phone hoping it might resolve the issue. Time will tell. Certainly different than your issue but wondering if not same issue different symptoms.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Seeing similar but different issue myself. Since updating two 735's on our plan one of them has bad poor battery life and has been consuming wireless data at alarming rates. I assume the two issues are related. I'm in the process of resetting the phone hoping it might resolve the issue. Time will tell. Certainly different than your issue but wondering if not same issue different symptoms.

The same problem with my 735 :'(
Hard reset last night with bad luck!

Please share the results

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset did not resolve the issue. I'm finding about 250MB of wireless data usage daily, all at once. Some research is suggesting that the issue is related to messaging history and sync between devices. I've disabled that, along with app backups. Will know tomorrow if this was the culprit but it sounds like it is. The odd thing is that the problem is only happening on one of two phones and both have same O/S (insider .71).

oli43

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

same problem here with a 735.
I just received a SMS from my carrier regarding high data usage.
SMS and message sync is off, OneDrive sync is off for photos and videos and I've logout from Skype but it had no effect.
It's strange as data usage app doesn't seem to reflect the reality.
This also leads to a battery drain.

Hop next build will fix this, it was OK with .63

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa