tiles/icons questions

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i am fairly new to WP10, coming from a blackberry. I tried searching for answers but did not find anything. I am running the WP10 preview....v10586.107

1. I recently noticed some of my tiles/icons are blank, both on the start screen, as well as under 'all apps'. Is there a way to fix that?
2. Is there a way to turn off the live tiles? Or is this feature controlled within the apps settings?
3. Is there a way to manually edit the tile title? I have some IE shortcuts on my start page, and would like to modify the name.

Thanx for any help you can provide.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
1. I recently noticed some of my tiles/icons are blank, both on the start screen, as well as under 'all apps'. Is there a way to fix that?
If I remember correctly, this happens when you move some apps between the SD card and internal storage. The only solution I have found is to reinstall those apps. There may be another way, but I haven't come across it.

2. Is there a way to turn off the live tiles? Or is this feature controlled within the apps settings?
Some apps may allow you to specify what information is displayed on the live tiles, but it isn't universal. I don't think there is a way to globally disable live tiles.

3. Is there a way to manually edit the tile title? I have some IE shortcuts on my start page, and would like to modify the name.
Doesn't appear to be any way to do that. You can create groups, and give those names, but I haven't found a way to change an icon title.

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
thanx for the quick response. I did indeed transfer apps from my SD card to internal memory, so that is good to know. hopefully I can find a fix for that. but if not, I will just reinstall.

thx again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon