14267.1004 is crazily buggy

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950XL dual SIM with both SIM cards inserted.

I have just upgraded to 14267.1004, before that everything works fairly well. But since then I have spotted following issues in just 1 hour:
  • First time after I restarted because of the upgrade, I can freely open my home screen from lock screen even I have the setting I have to log in (iris scan or PIN) every time. I rebooted again, and it seems to work now.
  • I cannot open many app: Edge, Weather, News and so on.
  • I have good chance the screen keyboard won't show up when I activate input box.
  • Some time the keyboard shows up, I cannot switch languages (I have multiple languages and input methods installed).
  • If the keyboard is on screen, I press home button the keyboard does not go away.

Update 1
I did a hard reset and it seems to be working fine now.

Update 2
I noticed something else, which might be related to the problem. I did hard reset and restored from my previous backup. I have "English Canada" keyboard, but it failed to download "Text suggestions" even after numerous reboots. So I decided to give "English US" keyboard a try, as soon as I removed "English Canada" and added "English US" many of my initial problem appeared again.

• I cannot switch keyboard with other languages I installed.
  • Many of the app stopped opening again.
  • The keyboard hanged in the middle of home screen even I don't need to enter any text.

Now I face 2 choices, do another factory reset but don't restore from backup; or roll back from previous OS build.
Errr, either way, it is painful.

Update 3
Not too much time after I switched keyboards (in update 2), my phone went into a totally disastrous state. I was first prompted to restart because of the update - I don't even know there could be another update after this one. After I restarted I was prompted several times to restart again because my SIM has been changed?! Then the phone turned to be burning hot, even right after I restarted. The battery drained more than 10% in 30 minutes. The phone is not even responding, I pressed power button on lock screen, nothing happens at all.

I installed WDRT, plug the phone to PC. The WDRT got error message: Reading device info failed. Details: reading phone info failed with error 0x00000067 (Thor2NotResponding).

Update 4
I have just done another hard reset, this time I did not restore from backup.

I added "English Canada" keyboard and removed "English US" one, the same thing I cannot download "Text suggestions" for the keyboard, which means I cannot use swipe input!

Update 5

Last edited:

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
today, had my first issue. the start screen did that thing where its repeated over and over down the screen.

locked phone, unlocked. problem gone.

i wonder if its dual sim models with more problems than dual sims. i upgraded from .107, are some people coming from .29 or .36?

Nabresco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a dual sim Lumia 950 with two sim cards installed. Once the update finished, the phone was unusable, nothing works and can't access anything. Did a hard reset and the rest took ages and had to soft reset a few times during phone setup as the phone hangs. Once I removed one sim card, the phone finally started responding but was very buggy. I went back to .107

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I updated and had a few issues with a few apps and a random shutdown. I tried a hard reset (1st for a few updates) and a fresh start and everything has settled down now. Battery drain overnight was a respectable 5% (on WiFi and data with a medium/good signal).

gesi666

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
On my L950 i have some issues with the new build, too. Lockscreen wont unlock sometimes, bad response of the nav bar etc. Would not recommend to install on daily driver, but it works. Typical for fast ring update. Stable builds are on the release preview ring!

epmoj

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Also on a 950ds. Same problems as Nabresco. Had similar problems on .1002 but at least the phone seemed to work. 1004 totally unusable. Went back to .107

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
.1004 is fine for me now. Did no hardreset.
During the upgrade it once got stuck on migration (10586.107 to .1002). On .1004 it once would not load the start screen after a reboot (Resuming...), rebooting again it was fine. Fast as hell and beautiful, that is.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't do any hard resets and for the most part it's fine. Sometimes apps will crash randomly but that's rare. When I unplug my phone from continuum the start screen becomes jittery and I have to restart. Sometimes plugging it into continuum a weird gray bar shows up at the bottom and i have to restart for it to go away.

Everything else seems smooth and stable. No problems with any features thus far.

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It's crazy that so many people have been having issues with this update.

I feel that finally the OS is evolving into something decent. This update has increased performance, added some nice new features, and kept my phone from rebooting randomly like it used to do every so often.

My only complaints now are:

- HTML email rendering still stinks! Even emails coming from Microsoft touting how awesome the Lumia is still don't look great on my device
- Random "Your settings are out of date" alerts on some of my email accounts even though nothing has changed. They go away eventually but still a hassle to see
- Click on a live tile or alert with an update and the phone takes you to the "home" screen of that app, not the news story
- Still can't pin an Excel document on to the start screen

Aside from that, looks like we're heading in the right direction!

I'm on a 950 using AT&T in the United States.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
i am using single sim 950xl. i updated it from 10586.xx to 14267.1002 and then hard reset it and then updated it to 14267.1004. no hard reset this time since i consider this a minor update so no big change inside. the phone run smooth. no random reboot. very stable.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Not always the case. Sometimes its due to a specific setting that not everyone has set. Sometimes its due to an app running. But in general, yes, you are correct.

I'll add to that, the outlook your settings are out of date bug never cropped up for me .71 + I didn't do a hard reset after installing .71 directly onto WP8.1.

However when I installed .107 it started happening to me, although it was supposed to have fixed that particular bug.

Only a hard reset fixed it I'm guessing something during the update process went awry as I had to soft reset my phone to get it install. It would've been interesting to see if people had this issue also had to do a soft reset or power cycle to get the phone to install the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre