Build 14291.1001 bugs

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
FIXED! Go to? Settings / Accounts / Email & App Accounts --> Delete your Live account under the "Email, calendar, and contacts" header. Open Outlook Mail app and re-add your Live account. Should fix syncing issues for email, calendar, and--and most importantly--CONTACTS!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am in the process of rolling mine back to 10586.164 now. Got tired of the simultaneous failure of iris scanner and keypad making it impossible to unlock. It happened at least five times today.

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
having tons of issues... TONS.. Feels like 1 step forward 5 back...

Cortana: i.e - doing a search for cat picture. starts to open Edge and crashes
SMS: most of the time the arrow to send is missing..
Maps: New updated app freezes, shows incorrect location and usually off by about 150yards.
sykpe: Camera wont turn on .
Notifications: clicking on email with notification opens last email

In my opinion, Redstone is terrible and should not be used on your daily driver phone

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Having no cellular data and sms most of the time.This happens when you log out from skype, at least to my case.Then you cannot access cellular and sim page.
Screen freezing and restarts.
This is a build for at least a secondary phone.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I got 99 problems but Redstone ain't one of them. Haha. I rolled back and have been enjoying a great experience on my 950XL. Redstone is way too buggy, never had this many problems even with earlier builds of the first branch. This build is supposed to be about features, but the further integration of the core is likely going to be a larger focus before they can do that.

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Endomondo Sports tracker and Runtastic Pro will not get past initial splashscreen. Can't claim that old GPS are completely broken, since Waze and Here Maps still can start just fine and can show current location. Here maps would crash once you ask to calculate route.

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The Bing lock screen on my 950 XL has stopped working since build 14291.1001 as well. Worst thing though is that the battery is draining VERY quickly despite my best efforts to save battery life. The phone is very hot! Even with the phone on battery saver the battery drains stupidly quickly. I've tried turning off Glance screen, unpinning live tiles from my start screen and nothing seems to work :(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The Bing lock screen on my 950 XL has stopped working since build 14291.1001 as well. Worst thing though is that the battery is draining VERY quickly despite my best efforts to save battery life. The phone is very hot! Even with the phone on battery saver the battery drains stupidly quickly. I've tried turning off Glance screen, unpinning live tiles from my start screen and nothing seems to work :(

If phone is hot and drains there's a massive data upload - download in progress: check Data sensor, apps pending in Store (hamburger, download, check updates), disable Video upload in OneDrive and Show Onedrive photos in Photos

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't open Simple Calendar anymore, it just shows the splash screen and then nothing

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anybody post this bug. (14291.1001)
I have 3 email accounts on my phone. My primary, which is the live account for the phone. (@outlook.com) A secondary @outlook.com and a @yahoo.com.
If I reply to or send an email from my primary (@outlook.com) account, I end up with a Delivery failure notice from postmaster@mail.hotmail.com in my @yahoo.com inbox!
If I go onto Outlook.com and reply or send to the same address, it goes through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb