Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14295 for the PC and Mobile to Slow Ring users

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
"Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14295 for both the PC and mobile to Slow Ring users. ISO images for the build are also now available, and the new developer tools that were announced at Build 2016 will be made available shortly. This build was released to Fast Ring members just under a week ago, and it brought with it a number of bug fixes for both mobile and PC users, as well as a few issues of its own. If you are a Slow Ring member, you should now see this build available to download.

Should you need the ISO file, you can now grab that now, and shortly the new developer tools will be made available."

(Jared DiPane)

abhishek chittoria

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
This build surely is troublesome . 1.Camera app doesn't have flash control option
2.Cortana can't set reminders and takes ages to execute commands
3. lock screen sometimes doesn't display time for few seconds
4. battery drained like water at the beginning which was resolved only by a hard reset
5. app list doesn't show gadgets app which is already installed.

Ben_NC

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Uh.. why would they release this build to Insiders, knowing the issues, and not addressing any before handing over to Slow Ring? Do they need more (negative) feedback and telemetry?

Everyone know here that Threshhold builds were getting great (I would say Good, but that's wrong.. they were getting really Great). And now their dumping a known buggard build to slow?

Anyone know the (seemingly cloudy) reasoning for this? Who knows.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been running it on my 1520 and it's running great so far. I've read some posts which mention about upgrading from 10586.164 with minimal bugs as opposed to upgrading via the previous fast ring Redstone build.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hate to join the bandwagon but my 640 on 14925 seems to work fine too, with the caveat that its just a test phone and has only a handful of 3rd party apps installed and just used to see how the OS works. But apart from the flaky store and occasional lock screen slowness it seems to work ok.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Uh.. why would they release this build to Insiders, knowing the issues, and not addressing any before handing over to Slow Ring? Do they need more (negative) feedback and telemetry?

Everyone know here that Threshhold builds were getting great (I would say Good, but that's wrong.. they were getting really Great). And now their dumping a known buggard build to slow?

I would guess that they are releasing it to insiders because people in the insider program agreed to test pre production software and MS wants more data from more users so they can continue to add features and refine them for production.

I agree, threshold is pretty great right now. If you want stability, that's the place to be. So if you want stability, consider staying with the production build. But if you want to test the newest features (and deal with the bugs associated with testing Beta software), stay with, or jump into the insider program.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Lol thanks for this.. I read the article, but I missed the part where they said this would be available for the "older" handsets.. just thought of it as an update only for those that officially upgraded
Phones on 10586 will get cumulative updates/sub-builds as long as MSFT will publish them. That's probably till summer (but who knows really)

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I was really surprised they released this Redstone build to the slow ring as well. I get the fast ring, but the slow ring? Seems a little early. It's their choice, though. This is why I don't keep my phone on the slow or fast ring. I'll jump in when I'm pretty certain it won't wreck my daily driver and I'm not at that comfort level with Redstone still being a few months away from it's official release.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was really surprised they released this Redstone build to the slow ring as well. I get the fast ring, but the slow ring? Seems a little early. It's their choice, though. This is why I don't keep my phone on the slow or fast ring. I'll jump in when I'm pretty certain it won't wreck my daily driver and I'm not at that comfort level with Redstone still being a few months away from it's official release.

Production/Release rings are now the real "slow" ring.. The fast ring and slow ring are for beta builds now. The weird thing is that MS pushed the update, but I'm not sure if they even worked on the bugs, all of the fast ring users mentioned or maybe they wanted to see how it would act on a more diverse set of phones?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Phones on 10586 will get cumulative updates/sub-builds as long as MSFT will publish them. That's probably till summer (but who knows really)

Yea decent move by them.. I was hoping for at least two more builds for the "older" phones so that all of them can be stable :/

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't want to get this build on my 830 so I left the program and uninstalled the Insider app. But, my phone still downloaded the update anyway. What gives? I guess I'll see how it goes and switch to Release Preview if necessary.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I didn't want to get this build on my 830 so I left the program and uninstalled the Insider app. But, my phone still downloaded the update anyway. What gives? I guess I'll see how it goes and switch to Release Preview if necessary.

Perhaps the update was already triggered before you removed yourself from the program

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Installed last night, haven't seen any new issues on my ATT 830 yet. Standby battery life seems to be good this morning, which seems promising. The update did reinstall the Facebook app for some reason, which I don't use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit