Insider software versions.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this post exists anywhere, so any help filling it in would be appreciated.

Help with versions, and what models it is limited to would be great. I'll update first page as new info comes in.

Insider Fast: Redstone 14393.5 - Windows Phone 8.1 or 10 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase

Insider slow: Redstone 14393.5 - Windows Phone 8.1 or 10 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase

Release Preview: 14393.5 - Windows Phone 8.1 or 10 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase

Production: 10586.494 - Available to all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this post exists anywhere, so any help filling it in would be appreciated.

Help with versions, and what models it is limited to would be great. I'll update first page as new info comes in.

Insider Fast:

Insider slow:

Insider Release:

Production: 10.0.10586.164 Available to all.

Fast: waiting for Redstone 14316
Slow: Redstone 14295
Release: 10586.164 (waiting for .212)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Insider Fast: waiting for Redstone 14316

Insider slow: Redstone 14295

Insider Release: 10586.164 (waiting for .212)

Production: 10.0.10586.164 Available to all.

this is a good idea, makes things easier for new insiders

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
That was my thoughts, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing to much with Production builds.

Stuck with L925 so no Redstone for me :-(

Still looking for pointers of which builds for which phone groups.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That was my thoughts, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing to much with Production builds.

Stuck with L925 so no Redstone for me :-(

Still looking for pointers of which builds for which phone groups.

As wrote in news, you can only stay in Release for bringing all 10586.xxx. Then stop, no more updates for unsupported phones.
So you can use last 10586 as far as you like

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've wanted a thread like this for a while, thanks! It would be great if you could add links to the corresponding 'bugs' threads and/or MS Blog posts. And maybe create the bugs threads as new builds come out.

Of course that would take some effort, but I would be very thankful. :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've wanted a thread like this for a while, thanks! It would be great if you could add links to the corresponding 'bugs' threads and/or MS Blog posts. And maybe create the bugs threads as new builds come out.

Of course that would take some effort, but I would be very thankful. :)

When something new happens, simply read the Boss, he will say and link everything:
https://twitter.com/gabeaul?lang=it

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Insider Fast: waiting for Redstone 14316 - Windows Phone 8.1 or 10 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase

Insider slow: Redstone 14295 - Windows Phone 8.1 or 10 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase

Insider Release: 10586.164 (waiting for .212) - Available to all ?????

Production: 10586.164 - Available to all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Insider Fast: Redstone 14316 release Cancelled:
Cellular bug holds back Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 14316 release | Windows Central

Standing by news or next build

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I do check that regularly, but he doesn't link to the Bugs threads that are on Windows Central. Those are really useful in finding out whether Gabe's "known issues" tell the full story, or if there are tons of other bugs that break the experience. Like with the latest 'slow ring' update. :angry:

Check better: when something is released, he gave a link to Official Release News.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/04/06/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14316/

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I do check that regularly, but he doesn't link to the Bugs threads that are on Windows Central. Those are really useful in finding out whether Gabe's "known issues" tell the full story, or if there are tons of other bugs that break the experience. Like with the latest 'slow ring' update. :angry:

EDIT: you forgot Windows Central IS NOT a Windows Site. Don't blame him

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I said he doesn't link to Windows Central bugs threads, which he never does. One of us definitely needs to check better!

Didn't forget, and didn't blame anyone.

OK, relax. Windows Central bugs threads isn't a Windows site. No company redirects to an external indipendent site, forum, blog, or magazine. Ask to HWUpgrade, Tom's Hardware, and so on

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OK, relax. Windows Central bugs threads isn't a Windows site. No company redirects to an external indipendent site, forum, blog, or magazine.
I'm fully aware of this, which is exactly why I said it would be nice to have here. So I said nothing unreasonable, but we have spent seven posts going in circles. :( Shall we maybe leave it at this?

Siyabonga Bhengu

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
The 920 is an unsupported device, the only way to get Redstone is via the registry hack, google it.

May cause problems on unsupported devices, and carried out at your own risk.

Can we have a thread for hacked lumias so as to get the experience from other users who have hacked their phones for redstone. I remember reading one user who installed redstone through the hack commenting that the battery only last 5 hours after the hack. It will be nice to have that thread so as to know the pros and cons of the hack.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Can we have a thread for hacked lumias so as to get the experience from other users who have hacked their phones for redstone. I remember reading one user who installed redstone through the hack commenting that the battery only last 5 hours after the hack. It will be nice to have that thread so as to know the pros and cons of the hack.

Post the question in the forums, I'm sure you'll find some guys that have done it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium