Windows Phone Messages Backup pc app

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm testing it, there's years and tons of messages backupped in OneDrive since my first Lumia switching on.
It seems nothing was lost, even there will be hours for downloading all (a little slow)

Thanks to the forumer who signaled it

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll take what I can get. Thank you developer!
I can live without reliable sms syncing while running preview builds and such. But eventually, I want ALL my historical sms messages to be back on ALL my devices.
This app gave me peace of mind by verifying that all those missing text messages are still safely in the cloud!

I should note that I have great respect for the difficulty that is faced by the Microsoft developers that are currently burdened with the messaging code for W10(M). It is literally a moving target and compatibility between multiple versions of local device code and cloud storage\sync relationships has got to be a nightmare. It will be nice when Windows 10 is a couple of years old.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, there are news for now...
I let my pc downloading sms for hours (so slooow), and app stops to 2015 October messages.
I found everything since my first Lumia switch on.
I didn't anything on 2015 November, I got my old faithfull 520 as always in release ring for catching threshold builds

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Same result here. I downloaded several years worth of SMS messages, but it stops at 10/30/2015
There is an obvious change that took place at that time. I suspect it was a server-side(cloud) change?
Perhaps this app can't access the messages after the hypothetical change? Is it because of a change in format or location\path, or access method?

Would be interesting to find out. Surely Windows 10 Mobile didn't stop backing up to the cloud at that moment?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm testing it, there's years and tons of messages backupped in OneDrive since my first Lumia switching on.
It seems nothing was lost, even there will be hours for downloading all (a little slow)

Thanks to the forumer who signaled it

I used it as you suggested yesterday and it seems to have "awoken" something because my SMS just synched back into my phone directly!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I used it as you suggested yesterday and it seems to have "awoken" something because my SMS just synched back into my phone directly!
That is fantastic news - I just wish that there was some of that magic dust for everyone who has problems with SMS backup/restore (or sync). :) Nevertheless, it is good to hear that you had some excellent luck with getting your text messages back! Congrats!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Same result here. I downloaded several years worth of SMS messages, but it stops at 10/30/2015
There is an obvious change that took place at that time. I suspect it was a server-side(cloud) change?
Perhaps this app can't access the messages after the hypothetical change? Is it because of a change in format or location\path, or access method?

Would be interesting to find out. Surely Windows 10 Mobile didn't stop backing up to the cloud at that moment?

As I've previously wirtten on another thread (this is a recurring issue), I believe the big change occured end of October last year (I remember, we were in the UK for Halloween ^^), between builds 10549 and 10572. 10549 and below, including WP, would restore SMS by SMS. Since 10572, it restores thread by thread, so obviously something has changed server-side.

Assad Arram

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I just installed this app on my pc "windows phone message backup" and i downloaded tons of messages i never new existed. I would like to know where are these messages stored and how kan i delete the permenantly. I donnot want these message to exist anywhere and i cannot delete them permenantly i am a kind of pissed off at the moment

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I just installed this app on my pc "windows phone message backup" and i downloaded tons of messages i never new existed. I would like to know where are these messages stored and how kan i delete the permenantly. I donnot want these message to exist anywhere and i cannot delete them permenantly i am a kind of pissed off at the moment

kindly refrain from posting multiple times, you're only making our work harder by tracking your posts multiple times:

I've answered here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/421581-windows-phone-messages-backup-pc-app.html#post3520273

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon