14332 update failing on Lumia 830 - Error 0x80070002

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
As the topic says I have been unable to update to the latest build. I can download the update but when I get to the spinning cogs the installation gets interrupted after a few seconds and I get the error code 0x80070002. I have tried rebooting and softresettings several times but the problem persists.

Anyone else with the same experience? Any suggestions? Would a hard reset help?

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Update: I actually tried to hard reset but that didn't work either, the phone just rebooted and I got a message that the process could not be initialized.

wininsider

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
You are not alone . There are many people who have this issue and MSFT hasn't yet come up with any solution for the error in mobile devices. But i dont think it's a big deal as 14332 hasn't really got any big guns for the fellow insiders . Insiders on 14332 mobile are lamenting about app stability and persistent bugs . Some are warning to skip the 14332 mobile build .

So i would rather skip this build 14332 and wait for next fast insider build rather than bugging my primary device.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I was kind of looking forward to this build since 14328 has been quite buggy for me, definately worse than the previous build... Oh well, I will look into flashing my phone or perhaps using my Android device for a while.

JohnKirkham

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I didn't catch that about sending each person the instructions. He's really meant to post the fix on the forum post anyway.

Last edited:

John Carney

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same experience you describe on a Lumia 640XL -- I download, prepare to install, restart, then the cogs may appear just for a few seconds, then I get a fail message.

aglio

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to confirm the same problem on my Lumia 830. Can't upgrade to build 14332 as well. Did a soft reset but no help. Did not try hard reset, and am thinking to going back to slow ring

avwaard

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here, Build 14332 just won't install on my Lumia 535. However I wish Microsoft would fix other persistent issues with Windows 10 mobile, like apps not installing properly, of which the camera app, I can't take photo's anymore with my phone.
However, yesterday I upgraded my wife's Lumia 550 to 14332 and it went through in one go without a hitch...???

Beats me... any suggestions are welcome, I already tried all the workarounds but no can do on my Lumia 535

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same here, Build 14332 just won't install on my Lumia 535. However I wish Microsoft would fix other persistent issues with Windows 10 mobile, like apps not installing properly, of which the camera app, I can't take photo's anymore with my phone.
However, yesterday I upgraded my wife's Lumia 550 to 14332 and it went through in one go without a hitch...???

Beats me... any suggestions are welcome, I already tried all the workarounds but no can do on my Lumia 535

Usually, hard reset WITHOUT restoring a backup resolves everything

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old thread and WP10 has been abandoned by MSFT but received error 80070002 today trying to install update 1709 to my Lumia 640LTE so posting this for any others who still get this old error. For background I came off the Insider Preview ring after the last major update so expect to only get bug fixes etc. now.
Anyway picked up my phone to check emails etc. this morning and suddenly it froze, no response to any inputs or any notifications or messages. Reset would not work either. So as usual tried the Soft Reset button combo to restart the phone. This worked but gave the predictable SD Card Error - so fixed that then went to Windows Update in Phone Settings and sure enough there was the error regarding the update failure.
Now remember now notice or message to inform me any update was being installed when I Soft Reset/Reboot the phone!
Try update again - same error.
Reboot the phone once more, this time by normal shut down, then remove/reinstall battery and then restart. Wait 10 minutes, no SD Card errors fortunately. Then retry the update - download successful and installation crept along slowly as usual until at 'Preparing to install update ...' success!
Hope this helps someone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786