Outlook Mail and Calendar live tile not updating

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Another day, another update... Version 17.7705.42038.0. The tile did update on it's own as soon as it finished updating, so maybe...

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Don't hope too much, I had same feeling after many updates back when I had the problem. :( Only WDRT helped me, and now I just try not to mess around those settings to much.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Outlook mail and calendar live tile will only work if you update the build but once hard reset it will not work again.

What I do is use WRDT to go back to WP8.1 then update to WP10 and hard reset and update all apps then update the build and everything works fine so far. L830 here.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Outlook mail and calendar live tile will only work if you update the build but once hard reset it will not work again.

What I do is use WRDT to go back to WP8.1 then update to WP10 and hard reset and update all apps then update the build and everything works fine so far. L830 here.
Yes, exactly that, but the hard reset must be done on the build .107, that is on the Threshold 2/1511 version. On Redstone 1/1607 hard reset shouldn't he done not even once.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The whole point here is that resetting your phone and following a procedure to get it working is not the answer. This should work either way. I'm still using RS1, so the issue must be with the app as it's the only tile that's not working. If I was on RS2, then I would expect it to be buggy.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
You're right, it's all because of app, but still - the described steps solve the issue.

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
You're right, it's all because of app, but still - the described steps solve the issue.

I don't think it's the app because if you update directly to the latest build 448 without updating the apps and hard reset the live tile will not work but if you update to the latest app on build 107 the live tile will work fine.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's the app because if you update directly to the latest build 448 without updating the apps and hard reset the live tile will not work but if you update to the latest app on build 107 the live tile will work fine.

The app should work on the latest build, regardless. So it is the app that's the issue. All the other tiles work fine. Like I said before, if I was on a preview build, I would expect this, but I came off the preview builds to the production build and I'm still seeing bugs.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It just looks like the app is unable to setup everything right while on Redstone 1 for the tile to work properly. (Hope I said it well.) If you set it up earlier, than it's fine, but if not (which is the case when you do a hard reset on Redstone 1) - you get in trouble. So - an app issue.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Outlook Calendar got an update on my phone, now it's on version 17.7705.42038.0, and the tile works significantly better. Now it updates instantly after I make some changes to events and leave Outlook Calendar!

How does it work for you guys? I hope this version solves the issue with the tile not updating automatically?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Still not working. As soon as the tile needs to update (event ends or date changes at midnight) the tile goes back to standard tile. I've even tried to add an event when the tile is showing information, but the event never appears. I have to resize the tile to show it.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Still not working. As soon as the tile needs to update (event ends or date changes at midnight) the tile goes back to standard tile. I've even tried to add an event when the tile is showing information, but the event never appears. I have to resize the tile to show it.

Don't hard reset and the other hints mentioned here. The problem is in the App, broken beyond repair. I get an update every few days, and they never get it right.

Live tiles are a prime feature of W10M. They don't work correctly. Go figure what that means for the whole OS.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Don't hard reset and the other hints mentioned here. The problem is in the App, broken beyond repair. I get an update every few days, and they never get it right.

Live tiles are a prime feature of W10M. They don't work correctly. Go figure what that means for the whole OS.
The thing with WDRT solves the issue. The only question left is whether this is too much effort for someone or not. I spent hours in reinstalling Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 532 and all apps i used to have manually. But I think it was worth it. Everybody should decide for themselves, but I agree this is something Microsoft should fix. Only I was waiting since July for Microsoft to fix this issue...

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
With hard resets and reinstalling you don't fix the problems. You just work for many hours for a feeling of "it works for me now". The buggy SW is still there and the bugs will come back. It is not YOUR job to fix what MS has broken. It is basically impossible.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
With hard resets and reinstalling you don't fix the problems. You just work for many hours for a feeling of "it works for me now". The buggy SW is still there and the bugs will come back. It is not YOUR job to fix what MS has broken. It is basically impossible.
Yes, I don't fix the problem with WDRT, but I make it work on my phone. And I completely agree with you, the bug is still there, I have only removed the symptoms on my phone, plus I still need to avoid doing hard resetting it for the symptoms not to come back. Were still waiting for Microsoft to fix this bug.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Some recent updates from Microsoft to the Mail platform I think is making a lot of shaking in all the devices and even in the Outlook web, so maybe ti's related partially with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)