W10M Insider Preview 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 10586.420 now available for PC and Mobile on Production and Release Preview | Windows Central

Note that this build matches Official.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 10586.420 of W10M. Discuss it all here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]
Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Software Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.
[/TIP]
[INFO]
Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Software Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version
[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]
When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA144635&token=dTqcP8tq[/INFO]

Last edited:

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Release Ring)

39MB from .338 to .420 on Lumia 640...Downloading now! Whee!!

Uh oh....Problems installing. After it was done "Preparing for install," I clicked Restart Now. Phone restarted, but then immediately went back to normal lock screen w/ normal restart time. I still had the "Your phone needs to restart to complete updates" in the menu. The "About Phone" dialog still showed build 338. So I went back to the update screen and tapped "Restart Now" again. Same thing again, where it said that my phone needed to restart for updates... A few seconds later, I get a pop up saying, "Update complete. Your update completed, but there were some problems. If things aren't working right, try backing up your data and then using Reset My Phone." About Phone still shows that I'm on build 338. When I go to Phone Update, it shows a message: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8000ffff)."

Sigh... Kinda don't want to factory reset....

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Uh oh....Problems installing. After it was done "Preparing for install," I clicked Restart Now. Phone restarted, but then immediately went back to normal lock screen w/ normal restart time. I still had the "Your phone needs to restart to complete updates" in the menu. The "About Phone" dialog still showed build 338. So I went back to the update screen and tapped "Restart Now" again. Same thing again, where it said that my phone needed to restart for updates... A few seconds later, I get a pop up saying, "Update complete. Your update completed, but there were some problems. If things aren't working right, try backing up your data and then using Reset My Phone." About Phone still shows that I'm on build 338. When I go to Phone Update, it shows a message: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8000ffff)."

Sigh... Kinda don't want to factory reset....

me too

Ashkachum

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

Done Installing. Flash button went missing after update from quick actions! looking over rest things...
One question, how can we clear memory consumed by "mail and calendar"? I keep mails for last one week and signed into 4 accounts, it is consuming around 500mb, I think its way too much memory!

Thanks!

Neil Smith

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

Installed on two Lumia 925s. Seems to be a bit faster than the last build (?) but the mobile hotspot still stops working once the lockscreen is activated. Or am I missing something?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Installed flawlessly on Lumia 640 DS - smooth & no big difference on daily use. All good and stable with no big changes to point out

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Installed on two Lumia 925s. Seems to be a bit faster than the last build (?) but the mobile hotspot still stops working once the lockscreen is activated. Or am I missing something?

They fixed that 3 builds ago....

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

They fixed that 3 builds ago....

No, its a whole different thing for 925s. I can confirm this that the hotspot is not working under the lock screen even deleting the known WiFi Apn doesn't seems to work but in .338 it was working under the lock screen for the first time since i upgraded. But looks like the battery has slightly improved.
Anyways, changelog for 10586.420 (June Cumulative Update) is here - Announcement: June Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile - Microsoft Community

Edit:No battery life is still the same.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Done Installing. Flash button went missing after update from quick actions! looking over rest things...
One question, how can we clear memory consumed by "mail and calendar"? I keep mails for last one week and signed into 4 accounts, it is consuming around 500mb, I think its way too much memory!

Thanks!

a proper solution hasn't been found yet it seems. Upvote feedack on this.
2 solutions are: remove and add back the accounts or change the period of keeping emails

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I was just about to revert back to .318 from .338 (by uninstalling the insider app after getting to w10m from wp8.1) I saw this one and started updating.
Since then (it's been 15 hours), only problem is the 'bing is not available' error on the search app. I am so sad b/c of this whole cortana/search/bing thing with the w10m. My phone has three capacitive buttons, and I really loved the search button on WP8.1 where I could even select a text and press the search button to search that highlighted word. Now, my search button is useless. I just use bing.com on Edge now. I was getting mad when Cortana couldn't get my commands and do a web search instead. Now, Cortana can't even do a web search for a word I've just typed in.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
W10M Insider Preview 14364 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Just downloaded 14366 update and now my ATT 950 is in a boot loop. Battery pull doesn't fix it

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

OK... So I allowed my phone to try downloading and updating again once at home, and it worked fine... It rebooted to the spinning gears, and everything performed as expected. It's running great, now.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

So far running smooth.

Improvements:

*boot time is quicker, but noticed that on previous build. Though previous build when it got to the part to enter pin stuttered a bit, now it's smooth.
*mail seems to sync properly between desktop/mobile. This I haven't tested in a while but did this time, may have been fixed a while back. I always had issues here.
*Edge seems to be faster.
*people app "what's new" is finally populating for me and quickly.
*netflix seems to run a bit better
*whatsapp loads a bit faster. I still see "loading.." but it disappears quicker than before.

Issues:

*instagram is crashing again
*Store had screenshots after the last store update but with this new build the screenshots are missing again.
*Apps that have countdown timers which play a tone at the end still won't play when phone screen is off and locked. Need to unlock to get the sound.

That's it thus far. Will update if anything new arises.

Haven't tried continuum yet either.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

Installed and works fine on my 950XL DS.

Took about 10-15 minutes to install, took the battery down 6%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb