Frustrating Photos App bug

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think this bug deserves it's own thread because it has been haunting me even before redstone update. I don't see anyone complaining about it and people only seem to notice it after they follow the instructions below. This bug frustrates me every time I open my photos app. I have reported it like three times in feedback hub without any fellow upvotes nor have I seen anyone, anywhere complaining about it... Other than me :(

Some people say they experience it, some don't. What's the difference?

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Open a picture, any picture.
Hit the back button .
Look at the bottom right hand corner - The "Select" option is gone along with other options on the toolbar

This does not happen in collection view or in folders.. Only in albums.

• Phone: 640
  • Storage Settings: Pictures are stored on SD card

Discuss!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
There is a bug in Feedback app showing these steps. Have upvoted. It's a minor bug in the big picture of bugs and likely easy to fix.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There is a bug in Feedback app showing these steps. Have upvoted. It's a minor bug in the big picture of bugs and likely easy to fix.

Most likely my post in the feedback hub.

And while yes, it may be easy to fix, the issue is getting them to notice in order to fix it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They do read feedback and create internal bug tickets from it. Yours is easily reproduced. I would expect it to be fixed. If you post the feedback link here others may be able to upvote which brings attention.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They do read feedback and create internal bug tickets from it. Yours is easily reproduced. I would expect it to be fixed. If you post the feedback link here others may be able to upvote which brings attention.

feedback-hub:?contextid=144&feedbackid=73df7046-decb-4ec3-9f91-3a79355d4773&form=2&src=2

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
followed your steps, I don't have this on my 950xl with 14372, and I tested a few different albums, recent, and a few months ago...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just tried this on my Lumia 930 with fresh install of 14376... pretty much only one drive linked photos and albums and I don't have this issue.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think this bug deserves it's own thread because it has been haunting me even before redstone update. I don't see anyone complaining about it and people only seem to notice it after they follow the instructions below. This bug frustrates me every time I open my photos app. I have reported it like three times in feedback hub without any fellow upvotes nor have I seen anyone, anywhere complaining about it... Other than me :(

Some people say they experience it, some don't. What's the difference?

Open Photos App
Go to "Albums"
Select any album there
Open a picture, any picture.
Hit the back button .
Look at the bottom right hand corner - The "Select" option is gone along with other options on the toolbar

This does not happen in collection view or in folders.. Only in albums.

• Phone: 640
  • Storage Settings: Pictures are stored on SD card

Discuss!

Finally fixed in Photos app update 16.703.10032.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon