Windows 10 Mobile build 14936 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
For what its worth:

Sunday, I used the Maps App on a 950XL; had to go to a house out in the middle of the North Carolina Smokey Mountains, the GPS guided right to a house out in the middle of nowhere (on a gravel road), and back out again, all the while, I had no cell connection the last 5miles of the trip.

I was "VERY" happily surprised:)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed that ALL my calendar events have had their reminders reset to "none", including recurring events that have existed for ages. Anyone else notice this?

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Another day, another Outlook Mail and Calendar update, another case of non-functioning Calendar live tile. Once again, I had to add and delete a test event to get it working.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL seems to have developed a bit of a lag, with this build (or, it's the new Screen Protector I put on a couple weeks back)?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
950 XL DS US
I am still having the delayed wakeup with a black screen for around 5-6 seconds and a dim screen. Restart to resolve. Hotspot still not discoverable although it says its on and I can see the network, I cannot connect to it. Other than those two, no other issues. Battery life is consistent with previous builds. Ive been using Tiles for Outlook for my calendar tile without issue.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I noticed today that my Messenger is not notifying, me via the tile badge, when a new text message comes in. 950XL, DS, US

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, both models have been rebooted multiple times since the update. Apparently it takes the Store some time to figure out that I really am on the Fast Ring, because the one that has been running it the longest got a slew of updates earlier today, including the Photos app. Guess I'll have to wait for that to happen on the other phone as well.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been out of the insider program since AU for the most part, but got the itch to take RS2 for a ride....I installed 14946 last night and when I awoke this AM it was up and running. I shut down to install my SIM and SD card and it has stuck on the blue windows LOGO for 15 minutes now......WDRT recognizes it so I may recover but I was wondering how long has anyone experienced something like this, should I let it sit for like that hours to see if it boots?

950XL DS, I have never had a glitch with any of my Windows devices using WDRT or Insider updates, so this is new to me....

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I installed yesterday, did a soft reset after installation and am having no major issue. I am seeing a delay in Cortana processing voice to text. Up to 3-4 seconds of wait time while she thinks. Unique to this build for me. 950 XL DS US
PS, maybe an admin can re-title this thread.

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
It did boot after 35 minutes or so, I left it on for a while and shut it down to again, install the SIM and SD cards, this restart took about 15 minutes......odd. all seems ok so far but I haven't really used it much. I will probably restore and re-install tonight, 15-30 minutes on a start ain't right....

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mark,

Came here to investigate the same issue. For some reason, upon reboot/restart (trying to install speech packs, which are stuck at 0%, hence can't use Cortana), the phone is displaying the Windows logo, for 40-50 minutes before displaying the PIN unlock screen and being ready to use.

This has happened numerous times since the 14946 build late last night. Next step will be to use WDRT.

First time I've encountered issues like this during any of the numerous upgrades/previews/ROM flashes etc I've done since the days I had an Omnia 7 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)