Windows 10 Mobile build 14965 Discussion (Redstone 2; Slow Ring)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
New build 14977 out. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...eview-build-14977-mobile/#DH8gErcyPAqCxqzO.97

I thought there was a new system of updates that made them smaller so you could download over a data connection if you wanted. I tried but it told me it was too big and I would have to use wifi. Oh well, I'll wait until I get home this evening...
I'll have to go to McDonalds and use their 2bar wifi - CWAP!!!!!!

EDIT>>> Holy WTF ???? 5.10 gigs???

EDIT2>>>> Nah..... mine's Preparing to Install now. OTA from VZW

EDIT3>>>>>> 2 Gear Wheels runnin' now :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
New build 14977 out. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...eview-build-14977-mobile/#DH8gErcyPAqCxqzO.97

I thought there was a new system of updates that made them smaller so you could download over a data connection if you wanted. I tried but it told me it was too big and I would have to use wifi. Oh well, I'll wait until I get home this evening...
IT IS small Kerry - smallest I've ever had.

EDIT>>> Its weird - when the update first presented itself it DID say 5.1g but it let me go ahead and dl. But it was like a 12 minute dl.

Peace. Alan
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I GOT MINEZ :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster :winktongue:
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Big, at 73% after 30 min.
Dayum... I must have had good atmospherics between me and the tower. *** the leaves are coming down my signal is starting to make it THROUGH the trees instead of having to go over. Laugh, but its true. I've been on this spot for 20.5 years in the middle of 300 acres of woods and its just now dawning on me that enough leaves are down. There's plenty more though. So my signal with Verizon should improve for another week or two. Happens every year and its the ONLY thing I like about winter.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Off Topic -

Hope somebody gets a chuckle on this:
S7e Full Dresser Windroid Home Screen

Screenshot_20161201-173547.jpg

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser :winktongue:
Even when I lose, I win.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I had a LOT of problems with this dl. Even after I was home on wifi, it kept telling me I had to wait until I was on wifi to dl. I finally had to reboot the phone. Even after that, I got errors on the first couple of attempts. Finally it worked. Build itself seems fine for me thus far.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Took 24 minutes to install, 12% of battery on my Lumia 950 XL DS.

Voice Recorder still isn't letting me record calls. (shows no compatible apps under phone settings for call recording)

This was the same under the last build.

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
So far the only performance issue I've noticed is the screen is stuttering when scrolling. But the really big problem that has returned is my phone is on fire again. It's so hot, I don't want to touch the screen. Nokia Lumia 1520

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Pressing the camera button unlocks the device properly now, but there are still times when pressing the unlock button, the lock screen appears but the screen is unresponsive, you have to lock and then unlock it again, then it responds to touch normally. Performance was not good immediately after installation (even with no apps downloading), but it seems normal again now.

Kelvin N

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I have been meaning to try the HP Elite X3.I saw the phone through Prototype was not lucky to snag one before leaving the team.

jsjohnson1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Man 14965 (for me slow ring) on my 950 has been nothing but issues. Worst insider build I've gotten since I've been on it (since last spring on a 640 and before that on my 920). Cortana didn't want to reengage at first, had to change the language to English (UK) then back to get her to acknowledge "hey cortana". I'm having random lock ups, some of which recover, others do not. Microphone symbol for speech to text entry locks up 950 100% of the time where I need to do a power button soft reset. Oddly enough, within a day of getting this build I got two feedback notifications, one about battery, one about performance. I don't get those with every build it seems.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still running this build on my 950XL DS. It mostly runs OK, but yesterday I had many apps crashing in the background, and the task switcher would show three apps at most.

I've also run into the 'stuck mail live tile' where the tile keeps showing 2 unread emails even after I open and close the mail app. Other than that it mostly seems stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb