03-10-2017 02:20 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    Not had a random restart on my 950xl. Not ever in fact but this build buggier than the last. Glance sometimes not keeping up to date with the actual time, Edge just not searching for anything and hanging after typing into the address box, freezing in Outlook when typing an email (sometimes catches up a few seconds later, sometimes needs the app closed and restarted). Apps randomly closing etc etc
    03-08-2017 11:46 AM
    Had a total of 4 now. One last night while the phone was locked and in my pocket. Felt it vibrate and thought I had a text. Pulled it out to check, and it was restarting.
    03-08-2017 01:24 PM
    If anybody got the 950/xl when they first came out, your battery is probably starting to die out. I had a lot of reboots to find out, thought it was software, that it might be the battery. It would do it when my phone wad charging. ATT sent me a whole new kit(phone) with a new battery, wall charger and data cable.
    03-08-2017 01:51 PM
    Just had a random restart on my 950. This is the second with this build, but the first time it's happened whilst I was using the device. Ironically it did it as I was reading the article about firmware and driver updates to improve stability and performance (on the SB and SP4).

I'm not sure myself that it's related to old batteries, as I've seen posts from people with the Idol 4S having reboot issues and those devices are obviously much newer than the 950 range.

I also never had the issue in the few weeks I was running the production build, nor the week I used build 15043. I'm suspecting it's software related.

Sent from mTalk
    mtf1380 likes this.
    03-08-2017 03:31 PM
    Just had a random restart on my 950. This is the second with this build, but the first time it's happened whilst I was using the device. Ironically it did it as I was reading the article about firmware and driver updates to improve stability and performance (on the SB and SP4).

I'm not sure myself that it's related to old batteries, as I've seen posts from people with the Idol 4S having reboot issues and those devices are obviously much newer than the 950 range.

I also never had the issue in the few weeks I was running the production build, nor the week I used build 15043. I'm suspecting it's software related.

Sent from mTalk
    I've just have a reboot issue after connecting my 950 to my car's usb hub. It rebooted five times before I decided not to use the third party USB-C cable I regularly use and to use the original MS cable that was lying inside my backpack. Guess what? The reboot issue was gone.

I can't tell whether this is a problem with the cable that started coincidently with the RS2 update or if this is a specific problem of this last insider build that makes the phone become more sensitive to third party cables and chargers.
    03-08-2017 04:14 PM
    03-08-2017 05:04 PM
    Did anyone have an issue with their SD card being write protected with this build?
    03-10-2017 06:04 AM
    Our broadband is down due to wind damage so I am stuck on 15047 for now.

So.... while I wait for the internet to come back up, I moved my SIM from my Nexus to the L950 to use it as a hotspot..... and found I had no cell data at all! The phone works and I can make and receive calls. But there is no data and no indication in the status bar that data is available. Anyone else? I have rebooted and done a battery pull and still no data. There may never have been data on this build.... I can't say for sure I ever put the SIM in it. I'm pretty sure data was fine on 15043.

EDIT: Just talked to ATT and all looks OK on their end so it must be the phone. Can't (don't want to) FDR right now without WiFi, so I'll have to wait until our broadband comes back up to reset the phone or update to the newer build.

Paul
    Last edited by pgoelz; 03-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    03-10-2017 02:20 PM
83 ... 234