Windows 10 Mobile build 15047 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Anyone notice a issue with edge when you typing on it followed by a space that it freezes and resets itself to blank when doing a search?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone, who has random reboots, tried hard reset ? - I can remember that I had once an insider build that did not work well until hard reset. It was a long time ago, but it might be still the same.

Just adding that my build (15047) is stable one. No problems here.
I've done a hard reset still getting roughly 4 soft resets a day

Idol 4s

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Any one else seeing random reboots with this build? My 950 has rebooted at least 4 times today alone. Once it was while using Edge. And the other times I have not had any apps open and the phone was just plugged into my charger with nothing open in the background.
I had it a lot of times in a day.. Waay more than 4.on Lumia 930. It also has battery draining issue. Battery drains at 15% an hr on idle and 38-40% an hr while using

Sent from mTalk

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My 950 has restarted once. This occurred on the first night (Saturday) with the build. It must have happened overnight whilst I was asleep, as the next morning when I went to log in via the iris scanner the message came up that the device had been restarted and I need to enter the pin.

Had no random restarts since.

The WiFi quick action button stopped working today. Only a long press of it worked to get to the settings page where I could then toggle WiFi on and off. It's now started working properly again though, without me doing the old IT trick of turning the phone off and on again, or doing a soft or hard reset.

Sent from mTalk

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I just check and the size showing says 7.8GB. I think this is huge for mobile. Can somebody pls confirm if it's So. Thanks.

I'm curious about this too. I have 15047 rs2 release waiting, but says I need more storage space to download. Currently at 5.86 GB of 7.28 GB used on my 640. Past updates have been fine as long as I keep used space under 6gb.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing random soft resets and and when the phone comes back on it says the pin has been entered incorrectly too many times happens roughly 5 times a day

Sent from Idol 4s

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No random reboots here. I have been killing the background use of some apps to reach better idle battery consumption. My idle battery consumption is down to 0,5 % / hour now, so I am losing just 4 % during a night (almost 8 hours).

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Not had a random restart on my 950xl. Not ever in fact but this build buggier than the last. Glance sometimes not keeping up to date with the actual time, Edge just not searching for anything and hanging after typing into the address box, freezing in Outlook when typing an email (sometimes catches up a few seconds later, sometimes needs the app closed and restarted). Apps randomly closing etc etc

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Had a total of 4 now. One last night while the phone was locked and in my pocket. Felt it vibrate and thought I had a text. Pulled it out to check, and it was restarting.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If anybody got the 950/xl when they first came out, your battery is probably starting to die out. I had a lot of reboots to find out, thought it was software, that it might be the battery. It would do it when my phone wad charging. ATT sent me a whole new kit(phone) with a new battery, wall charger and data cable.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Just had a random restart on my 950. This is the second with this build, but the first time it's happened whilst I was using the device. Ironically it did it as I was reading the article about firmware and driver updates to improve stability and performance (on the SB and SP4).

I'm not sure myself that it's related to old batteries, as I've seen posts from people with the Idol 4S having reboot issues and those devices are obviously much newer than the 950 range.

I also never had the issue in the few weeks I was running the production build, nor the week I used build 15043. I'm suspecting it's software related.

Sent from mTalk

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Just had a random restart on my 950. This is the second with this build, but the first time it's happened whilst I was using the device. Ironically it did it as I was reading the article about firmware and driver updates to improve stability and performance (on the SB and SP4).

I'm not sure myself that it's related to old batteries, as I've seen posts from people with the Idol 4S having reboot issues and those devices are obviously much newer than the 950 range.

I also never had the issue in the few weeks I was running the production build, nor the week I used build 15043. I'm suspecting it's software related.

Sent from mTalk

I've just have a reboot issue after connecting my 950 to my car's usb hub. It rebooted five times before I decided not to use the third party USB-C cable I regularly use and to use the original MS cable that was lying inside my backpack. Guess what? The reboot issue was gone.

I can't tell whether this is a problem with the cable that started coincidently with the RS2 update or if this is a specific problem of this last insider build that makes the phone become more sensitive to third party cables and chargers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99