Barclays Mobile Banking (UK) - Jailbroken message on fast ring

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved to the fast ring on mg Lumia 650 yesterday, as I'd read that performance is improved in the creators update, although I haven't noticed any improvement.

However, since updating, my Barclays Mobile Banking app now reports that my device is jailbroken and refuses to load.

I've tried re-installing the app, but the same message appears. Developer mode is not switched on. It looks like the app simply doesn't work with the creators update.

Can anybody test the app on the latest fast ring builds to check this for me, before I perform yet another hard reset?

Richardr1

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
This is the case, quite a few people have this. I suspect somewhere there is a check version in the app, and it doesn't have the recent builds. I wouldn't reset as it isn't anything on your phone, unless you want to return to the previous software.

Sent from mTalk

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
This is the problem, although is not like the Android os Barclays probably look at Preview builds in same way. I will probably just go to production once new build is out, for time being I am fine with using browser.

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Posted a similar message in the 950XL thread in that I am hoping for a fix as I too am sitting with the "jailbroken problem" after the Creators Update (10.0.15063.251). Prior to this update I have hopped between fast/slow/release rings and never has that impacted on the Barclays mobile banking nor Pingit apps.

I got stuck last week when the app did not work, yes there is the browser option, but that was no use when I was miles away from the card and reader that was needed to access online banking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon