Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yea, might be software, let's see, I don't think alcatel has ever release a firmware update for the device. It bothers me, but i also use a lot of bluetooth, just aux in my car for the most part. So i think I've just been glossing over it. Let me know, because then I will just get tmobile to send me a new device also.
Still the same issue on mines so far not as bad but I just finished updating to the latest fast ring. I'll try it a bit more tho

Sent from Idol 4s

toshdellapenna

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
This update installed without the usual warning. Also no notice that it even installed until I went to dock up with my tv to find out that continuum and the connect app are broken, along with a few other oddities.Hoping for a fix soon.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
So far, 2 things are not working on my 950xl:
1. Unable to add ringtones to individual contacts (crashes right back to Edit Contact page when I click on + Ringtone)
2. Unable to add Bluetooth devices (crashes right back to Bluetooth & other devices page When I click on + Add Bluetooth or other device)

I had those problems but Hard reset solved all for me. 950xl ds

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Still edge earning battery as ... Even with "disable background" - 40% edge when even not started after reboot. Camera sometime crashes after make some photos. But this is not at this release. 2-3 releases ago phone L950 with production release became unstable. wireless charging stops charge at 70%. Then shown 100%, then hangs and show 58% after reboot... Hard reset not helped.

All was perfect, then after update surprises with charging (and wired and wireless), then camera sometime hangs phone. After this release camera is ok (i think)...

I fun of ms, but phone really unstable... :(

Sometime helped soft reset + turn off turn on, and day is going ok. Than again - edge earning, charging shows random numbers. Actually always about 58%...

I am experiencing the exact same issues. Really disappointing at this stage to be still dealing with these kinds of issues. If I use my phone to take maybe 10 photos it will either reboot or use so much battery that it will shutdown within an hour after use. Edge has major battery use even though I have turned it off in the background it could still be responsible for 40% use even when it is closed.

I have submitted feedback but I am beginning to doubt this phone will ever run smoothly.

I have performed resets but the same issues always end up coming back.

Lumia 950 since launch.

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Icon. For this build, when I go to the Action Center and press the "Connect" the phone goes back to the start screen. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I may be going a hard reset this weekend to see if it corrects this problem.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Icon. For this build, when I go to the Action Center and press the "Connect" the phone goes back to the start screen. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I may be going a hard reset this weekend to see if it corrects this problem.
Yes had it but a hard reset solved it for me. So you can try that option if it's ok for you. All the best. 👍

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, having the same reaction.

I reported in post #64 ^^^, and to the Feedback Hub, that I was having this issue on a 950XL...myself, I am going to wait for another build update, to see if that takes care of it.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Having excellent performance om 950 DS, battery not so much.

I only hade a lock screen that would not swipe up. One time.

Me and my 15 apps ;)

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am still on the fence for waiting for the next build for the fix or the hard reset. It has been a while since I have done a hard reset, it may be a good idea to do one. I have not had any other bugs or performance issues on this build and this bug is one of few that I have encountered when I install these builds on my phone since I started in the fast ring. It be nice if the next build is out soon!

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Things after hard reset and restore are good and fast.
And my screen layout was restored completely������

That's good, hope that it is stay that way now. I have a feeling that this is a final RS2 build.

No problems here and a battery is also good (idle battery consumption just 0,5 % / hour). Of course, you have to check your background use through Settings - System - Battery - Battery usage by app. (do not allow background use, if app is eating too much battery).

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
That's good, hope that it is stay that way now. I have a feeling that this is a final RS2 build.

OOOOH! If that is true, and based on all the hard resets folks had to resort to after installing 15063, this will be an interesting train wreck to watch. I'll make popcorn.

Paul

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Cast to device on film and tv app not working
and while in flight mode calls are coming . On lumia 535 fix this ASAP

Cast to Device of Films and TV was working well before the latest update (updated yesterday to 10.17022.1031). Well, casting to device is still working through Connect ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo