Outlook account settings out of date

Nick Leszai

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
as of last night I get the notification: "Your Outlook account settings are out of date" and mail no longer syncs. Under Manage Accounts is states Attention Required, giving only option to Fix Account or Change Settings. Fix Account states fixed, but problem immediately re-occurs. Deleted Outlook mail completely and re-added, same problem.
Please help, no mail functionality at all.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
as of last night I get the notification: "Your Outlook account settings are out of date" and mail no longer syncs. Under Manage Accounts is states Attention Required, giving only option to Fix Account or Change Settings. Fix Account states fixed, but problem immediately re-occurs. Deleted Outlook mail completely and re-added, same problem.
There was problem in last night for some user.you should also check date and time

Sent from mTalk

elgappo

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Anyone found a solution yet? I know there was a problem with xbox last night, but seems my Outlook/hotmail are screwed on laptop and phone...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My solution was to delete my Outlook.com account and add it back in as an Exchange account. Finally working as it should.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Lexa Ru

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Same issue.

There are 2 fixes:

Fix 1:
1. Go into Manage Accounts in your mail app and DELETE the Outlook account (the one that is giving you the annoying message).
2. Tap on Add Account and add Exchange (not outlook.com account)
3. It will say something like this does not look like a work or a school account -> Tap on Continue setting up an account (I did not really read and memorize it :) )
4. Enter your Outlook.com username and password and it should work!

Fix 2:

1. Set the date manually to 2018 (Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time) and save it.
2. Go to your mail app and sync the Outlook account (should be syncing with no issues).
3. Go back and set the time and date to update automatically (or set it yourself to whatever you'd like)

At least it has been working for a few hours for me including Calendar, Contacts, etc.

Hope this helps until they release a proper fix

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Same issue.

There are 2 fixes:

Fix 1:
1. Go into Manage Accounts in your mail app and DELETE the Outlook account (the one that is giving you the annoying message).
2. Tap on Add Account and add Exchange (not outlook.com account)
3. It will say something like this does not look like a work or a school account -> Tap on Continue setting up an account (I did not really read and memorize it :) )
4. Enter your Outlook.com username and password and it should work!

Fix 2:

1. Set the date manually to 2018 (Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time) and save it.
2. Go to your mail app and sync the Outlook account (should be syncing with no issues).
3. Go back and set the time and date to update automatically (or set it yourself to whatever you'd like)

At least it has been working for a few hours for me including Calendar, Contacts, etc.

Hope this helps until they release a proper fix
Putting the phone out of date fixes the "out of date" issue. That's just rich. I'd swear this is a government operation were it not for the Microsoft sign outside the building.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Lexa Ru

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I am glad this helped.
It should have been addressed by the Microsoft/Windows/Outlook people right away (or at least could have given us some information - not stay silent as if nothing has happened :) )

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, here is how i fix my phone and is working for 3 days now without problem. Mail and Calendar are syncing without any problem (my phone: Lumia 950, not insider)
* You have to be connected to internet (data or wi-fi) all the time

Fixing "Your Outlook account is out of date"
- Go to All Settings
- Search: Date and Time (enter in)
- Turn off "Set date and time automatically" (if turned ON)
- Set the year manually to 2018 or above (not 2016 or bellow)
- Mail and calendar should start syncing right away. After that is don go back and set the date back to the current year.
- Turn back ON "Automatically set date and time" (if you want, this is optional)

Now, the issue that will occur after, is that the Calendar tile will show the date (and day) from the 2018, here is how to fix that:
- Unpin the Calendar tile
- Go to All Settings>Time and language>Date & Time
- Turn off "Set date and time automatically".
- Change date to 1 day and 1 month further. For example, now is 23.03.2017, change to 24.04.2017.
- Exit "Date and time"
- Go to App list, pin Calendar tile back. It supposed to show just the icon for Calendar (or maybe the old date)
- Go back to "Date and time", set the correct date back and close "All Settings".
- This is OPTIONAL: Go back to "Date and Time", and turn back ON "Set date and time automatically"
- Calendar tile should now show the correct date.

Hope this will fix the bug completely. I fix it like this on my phone, and calendar and mail app are syncing without problem for 3 days now.
*DO NOT delete the email on mail app, you might lose all your contacts.
*DO NOT hard reset your phone, this fix is working.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Mine fixed itself out in like 24 hours... I did nothing

Yes, this is the case. Would get this from time to time on my Windows 10 tablet, but it magically does go away in a day, and will return again....and again. Tablet has been good for a few weeks, but then early this week, the phone did it for a few days, and now its gone. I no longer try to fix the account, since that doesn't seem to work. Its annoying, but wait and it will go away.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this is the case. Would get this from time to time on my Windows 10 tablet, but it magically does go away in a day, and will return again....and again. Tablet has been good for a few weeks, but then early this week, the phone did it for a few days, and now its gone. I no longer try to fix the account, since that doesn't seem to work. Its annoying, but wait and it will go away.

Interesting :eek:rly:

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Interesting :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3