Lumia 1020 and WP10 TP

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm running 10136. I had to default my phone because the update didn't add any of the new apps (Edge, Store Beta, etc...). This build is more stable but there is a delay from when you hit an icon and to when it opens. I there is a speech error when I try to talk to Cortana. It also took a very long time to download updates and install them. Also the uninstall bug, which is annoying but overall, I think it is moving in the right direction.

Xivolkar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Besides the stuff mentioned on the blog post by Windows team, is there anything I should do before installing?

I know these
  • Uninstall skype
  • wait for date, time to appear after install before use
  • messaging notification doesn't appear in action center

fueledbygin

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Besides the stuff mentioned on the blog post by Windows team, is there anything I should do before installing?

I know these
  • Uninstall skype
  • wait for date, time to appear after install before use
  • messaging notification doesn't appear in action center

Be patient. It was far longer than 10 minutes where it got to the lock screen before the time and date finally showed up (almost half an hour for me). All in all, the entire process (including a second OS update, re-installing all my apps, updating all my apps, etc), before my phone was completely done, took about 5 hours, which is the longest it's ever taken me after resetting my phone or upgrading/updating it.

kumarss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Anybody running the latest build 10136?

Yes.Seems stable.
small delay in launching apps
people hub crashing
need to install/update most of the apps from store beta
only two folders(cameraroll and saved pictures) visible in photo albums
Need to install lumia camera again from old store

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Overall is the latest build useable on the 1020? Emails sms mms and calls the basic functions? Apps come next! would you advice to install?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes its totally useable on my 1020. The only problem I have is that I can't connect to my cars bluetooth system but I don't know if its a Windows 10 problem because also my girlfriends 710 does not work. My companies 635 indeed works perfectly with the car.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Kind People for the nudge and push. 7% complete Fingers crossed. BTW there was something about a hard reset after the update. Not sure how the steps go. Anyone? Is it Install and start phone as new. Do a hard reset and then start all over from back up? can anyone please help me with this bit?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I would try to go without a hard reset, a hard reset wipes all your data from your device. Normally people doing a hard reset after the upgrade start without a backup to get a completely clean installation.

Sowmia Narayanan

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I can able to get separate tile for each email account, facebook, whatsapp getting alerts, the issue I got is whenever I got call or I make call phone freezes, then I have to re-start the phone and it takes a while for loading. Do anyone got this problem ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I'm build on 10512 and I'm kind of confused. Usually the lumia 1020 takes 2 images, one pro and the other pro-highres. Now it's taking one photo with the dimensions for high res but size of a low res image. Is this a known issue?

Lumia 1020, country - Kenya

webreid

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 and they haven't carried over the dual image taking capability or the RAW/DNG option. I keep installing the latest build and then when the features aren't there, I roll back to 8.1

If you Google allaboutwindowsphone and "big update to windows 10 camera" you should get an article by Steve Litchfield

If you look at the very end it notes that the 1020 hasn't been included in the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo