Facebook App for Windows 10

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone Have an idea about a new universal facebook app for windows 10,because the present windows 8.1 app is nowhere good to android and ios.I would like if Microsoft could develop one universal facebook app

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Due to the fact that Microsoft is developing the Facebook app right now I am sure they will make the App a Windows 10 universal app. Just the timeframe is not sure but I think it will be here when the official update roles out to our phones.

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Due to the fact that Microsoft is developing the Facebook app right now I am sure they will make the App a Windows 10 universal app. Just the timeframe is not sure but I think it will be here when the official update roles out to our phones.
I think it should be a new app just like the new msn apps and other system apps

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Facebook makes the app for windows 8.1 right now and Microsoft makes the windows phone app so I'm sure something Will be done.

I'm hoping Facebook makes their app for pc universal and goes forward with updating it regularly and etc

I would assume either the Microsoft one on windows phone or the official Facebook developed Facebook app will go forward and be the universal app

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Facebook makes the app for windows 8.1 right now and Microsoft makes the windows phone app so I'm sure something Will be done.

I'm hoping Facebook makes their app for pc universal and goes forward with updating it regularly and etc

I would assume either the Microsoft one on windows phone or the official Facebook developed Facebook app will go forward and be the universal app

Does Facebook update its win 8.1 app??

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Lewk86

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember if it was the Build or Ignite keynote a couple of weeks ago, but there was a moment in the keynote where they showed 20 Companies and their Logos on the screen and said that these companies are committed to bringing native Windows 10 apps to Windows 10 when it launches later this year. Among those were facebook and twitter and I'm certain they mentioned those two companies by name when talking too. That's probably the best confirmation we have.

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember if it was the Build or Ignite keynote a couple of weeks ago, but there was a moment in the keynote where they showed 20 Companies and their Logos on the screen and said that these companies are committed to bringing native Windows 10 apps to Windows 10 when it launches later this year. Among those were facebook and twitter and I'm certain they mentioned those two companies by name when talking too. That's probably the best confirmation we have.

I do hope because twitter and facebook apps are bare bones compared to the meaty android and ios apps

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

That's interesting and explains how different they are. Plus the Desktop one is pretty poor. Mobile seems more featured. Hopefully one Universal app will cover both.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting and explains how different they are. Plus the Desktop one is pretty poor. Mobile seems more featured. Hopefully one Universal app will cover both.

The windows 8.1 one was good then I used It. I could actually tag any friends in comments. On the windows phone fb app certain friends I can't tag or mention in comments at all.

I believe that's because the wp app is technically a third party app and doesn't have the permissions that a first party app would have

For example in wp 8.1 I've noticed in your privacy settings in Facebook you can block 3rd party apps. Which in my theory would explain why if u check the website feed and the wp Facebook app feed it would be different and some missing friends updates would not show in the wp FB app. It would also explain why in the people tile those same friends updates would be missing in that feed as well because the people tile/hub is another third party app as well.

I'm sure u guys have noticed on the wp app there are some friends u can't mention in comments or tag in posts even tho they are in your friends list. That's why I think that happens.

Now on the Windows 8.1 FB app I've never had that problem I could mention and tag every friend even the same friends I couldn't mention or tag in the wp app because that app is IS A FIRST PARTY APP made directly by Facebook and even if your friends have their privacy settings set to block third party apps they show on the windows 8.1 app because its a native first party app and has all the FB permissions

That Imo is one of the huge problems with the windows phone app it doesn't have all of the app permissions because its technically a 3rd party app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3