New TP build, when?

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Is there any new information when can we expect new TP for Lumia phones?
10080 TP preview build in one of previous information is not suggested for Slow ring user so would be nice that we have information when Slow ring user can expect bug free TP. Hopefully Slow ring users agree with me.
Cheers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
MS releases them when they release them. There is no schedule that we know of.

Don't expect that to change any time soon. MS has never said when they would release their updates.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And don't forget the slow ring will not be guaranteed bug free. It will be (much) more stable but still a Technical Preview with risks.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I would say the term "bug free TP" contradicts itself. But i guess if the next build doesn?t harbour any new serious stability bugs, it will be a good candidate for the slow ring.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Fully agree that "bug free TP" is contradict itself, maybe I made mistake with that phase it self. I was mainly mean on bug like continuous loading start screen that is really annoying.
Personally I am using TP on my laptop from day one for business purpose as for private, also on Encore (first gen) tablet without any issue. I did not have any kind of problems in operation that I use. Would be nice that Microsoft do the same for W10 Mobile TP.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The 10080 build is only 2 weeks old. It's not gonna happen for atleast a week I think. Although everything is possible, I wouldn't bet on it. Just forget about it, do other stuff, and you'll be happy when it finally comes.

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
since there are no development or any leaks about Mobile TP ,and their resources are diverted to the launch of PC OS ,
I would say we will get next build in 2nd or 3rd week of june
but again Microsoft will surprise us

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much need a new build. my 930 is suffering hehehe, poor thing. scaling is very wrong.

TBH till now, i don't know what advantages does windows 10 has over the 8.1.

personally, i think the extra options of customization are just ok. good to be there, not really important.

What we really need​​ is apps. give us better apps. the only one providing better apps are Microsoft. and Rudy. are those the only two in the market? ​

​btw this is not a rant or anything, just me thinking out loud. i am enjoying the ride of the TP though. its like a rollercoaster, up and down. good build, bad build, good build. and so on :p

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a flighting window every other week, but if there's blocking issues, Microsoft will prefer to miss it rather than trash people's phones.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft constantly in their announcement promising faster TP releases but that doesn't happening and that is sadly. It might be time that Microsoft do what is promise.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft constantly in their announcement promising faster TP releases but that doesn't happening and that is sadly. It might be time that Microsoft do what is promise.
To be fair, they don't promise. They say they'd like to release faster.
​But if the product isn't good enough, they're not going to do it.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Generally they would need to release build faster, at least build that will resolve recognized bugs by Insiders, like is continuous loading start screen or missing tiles. Also what can they do and not related for OS it self, fixing apps, like is People app that on my L930 not working from day one.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Typically something will get released to Fast and then after monitoring the telemetry for a few days (crash/news reports etc.) they'll push it to Slow if feedback is good. Reports of phones not downgrading and other issues will stop any push to Slow.

So it is likely that the Fast track will get the next update followed by Slow if its a good release.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Typically something will get released to Fast and then after monitoring the telemetry for a few days (crash/news reports etc.) they'll push it to Slow if feedback is good. Reports of phones not downgrading and other issues will stop any push to Slow.

So it is likely that the Fast track will get the next update followed by Slow if its a good release.

As far as I can see, the only major problem is their installer. Every single time I've updated, including the very first time I updated to 10, there have been minor and major problems, all of which have been fixed with a total reset. I know there are other problems which aren't related to this too, but at least a large proportion of issues are the result of the system failing to combine old data with new data.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
They should release fix for that loading screen problem first for fast ring. Now revert back to 8.1. That loading screen is very annoying. I can live with other bugs bit not that loading screen when want to switch to start screen.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

My opinion that next build should go mainly for Slow, especially because in one of Microsoft tweet is say it that 10080 is not suggested for Slow ring and hopefully next build with next build we will have better QoE.

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Generally they would need to release build faster, at least build that will resolve recognized bugs by Insiders, like is continuous loading start screen or missing tiles. Also what can they do and not related for OS it self, fixing apps, like is People app that on my L930 not working from day one.
Just wondering what the battery life is like on the tp for 930, sorry for being a bit of topic on this one

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3