Resuming... Is it gone?

Eric de Pablos

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

One thing that we know is painful is the resuming screen, I cannot install the preview (lack of secondary phone)..

So, is it gone in windows 10? Don't say you've never experienced cause I have even in my gf's L930.

Thank you!

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
For me the resuming screens are gone. That is on an Lumia 1020. Where in win 8.1 I had a lot of resuming screens, yet already faster then 8.0

Just did an extra test to be sure to not misinform. Switched fluently from here drive, to Spartan, to messaging to people hub, to camera,...
Build 10080.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Haven't seen "Resuming..." since going back to 8.1 and then back again (used factory reset both times, though). There are still some long white screen pauses at times and it sometimes gets stuck, but a restart fixes that. [L920]

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have that much of resuming on my Lumia 520 since there are just blank black screens that are evidently loadings and resumings. However it's pretty far from rtm and it's not that optimized at all. Optimization will come in late July probably August

Ramin90

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It'll never be gone
apps will need to be loaded and they need to come out of suspension

what do you expect them to show you when that's happening?
Latest Box office movies? a loading or resuming screen

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It'll never be gone
apps will need to be loaded and they need to come out of suspension

what do you expect them to show you when that's happening?
Latest Box office movies? a loading or resuming screen

Not exactly, it doesn't take much time at all to accomplish this when done right, an app being in the ram shouldn't need to rebuild anything, the ram can even store and exact image of your current windows experience if you really wanted it to, the issue seems to be more from having to rebuild parts of the UI, which I'm assuming is just left overs from the WP7 era of really low ram, windows 10 has been pretty quickly removing all the resuming screens. The only time I really ever get one is when an app crashes or when returning to the start screen (which is very obviously a bug and not going to happen in the rtm release)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't say resuming, you just look at a blank colored screen. Nothing changed. Still slow to resume, at times.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't say resuming, you just look at a blank colored screen. Nothing changed. Still slow to resume, at times.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I don't agree with you. Resuming is now almost instant. Switching between apps is not a problem at all. 2 sec max. And I'm using Ativ S which isn't even supported yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3