Should I buy windows phone now or wait for a phone with windows 10 ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Depends what you're after.

If it's top of the line. Wait. If you want low mid get a L640/XL. There will be more phones coming out later this year. Not idea of how many though.

daverex

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I just saw Nokia Lumia 830 for a decent price of 199 euros. So, considering it. Would it be a good option to buy Nokia as it no more in market ? Any problem if I buy a gone brand ?

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
MS is providing warranty, no problem with that. If you like 830 go for it. If you want high end with new both HW and Sw features wait til new w10 devices come.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
If I wanted to spend up to 600 ero on a phone,I'd wait until next year.I didnt so I recently got a 640 for about 180 in Ireland.lm happy with it.Its a great phone,but I expect it wont make use of all the features coming in windows 10.I would base my decision on money and what features Im gonna want\need in relation to w10

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
All depending how rich your blood is? Looking at the L640 yesterday...and its a really,really nice phone! Fast and fluid. But the real flagships are coming later.No harm in getting a low/mid now while save up for a beast later. I'm using a 630 win10 , and it does me fine for now.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
As eveyone suggested ,it depends on you , but IMO you should wait, Win 10 is bringing lots of changes and you must check them out before investing in phone plus 830 will ,hopefully, be available at that time too.If you dont like new flavour you can simply buy 830 ( i think they will give denim at that point too rather than win10) else you can buy new one with latest one and wouldnt need to wait for updated version to arrive on your old phone.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If Continuum is a feature you are wanting, best to wait a while. Otherwise I'd say go for it, whatever you buy now will work just fine on Windows 10 when it's released.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how much you want to spend. You can buy the current generation of flagships for a bargain right now, and probably won't notice any difference in performance vs the forthcoming flagships.

On the other hand, waiting will allow you a choice of going with, say a 1520 or 930, or paying double for a new flagship if you deem them worthy.

I'm enjoying my 830 for now, and will see what the new flagships offer... I'm concerned about design and branding with Nokia essentially out of the picture now (I know specs won't be an issue either with new flagships or current ones on Windows 10). If it has the hideous "Microsoft" branding, I'm going to have to pass. Just a Microsoft/Windows logo or the logo in conjunction with "Lumia" and I'll have to consider one of the new flagships.

Last edited:

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Considering we should see Windows 10, and the devices that follow it, within a 2-4 month time frame, i think it would be a little silly to jump the gun now when you're going to lose out on cool features current WP devices simply won't have access to.

Sit tight. You'll be glad you did.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Considering we should see Windows 10, and the devices that follow it, within a 2-4 month time frame, i think it would be a little silly to jump the gun now when you're going to lose out on cool features current WP devices simply won't have access to.

Sit tight. You'll be glad you did.

That's very optimistic, 4 months would be the inside, before you have new flagship phones available for purchase. I'll wait for the requisite price drop before jumping in - still very happy w my Lumia 1520.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If price is any issue, buy a 640 or 830 now and then in a year when the Windows 10 phones have come down in price, upgrade then.

You will overall spend less, have a phone to enjoy now and still receive Windows 10 both ways.

scox72

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got a 930 for ?180 and offset this by px my old HTC One M7 so ended up paying ?65 for the 930. Will get Win 10 when released and for the time being I'm happy with this for my first Windows Phone.
Steve

Sent using TapaTalk on my Windows Phone

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Wait regardless, especially if you're planning to buy your own handset outright. Maybe it won't be the flagship of tomorrow that you end up buying, but whatever phone you'll get instead will be cheaper and more plentiful as eBay begins to fill up with competing sales from people looking to upgrade.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Get a used Lumia 635 and just sit tight till something new comes out.
If you don't mind charging the phone mid day, get a used Lumia 925.
If you really, really want a new device, get a Lumia 830.
But mostly just wait this period out.
End of story.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. When Windows 8.1 came out I was close to an upgrade from my carrier. I waited for quite a while before finally giving up and buying a new phone that came with the new OS. It really depends when Microsoft gives the code to the carriers and when the carriers bless the updates to their devices.

If you are in a hurry and can upgrade it might be worth the money. Or you could wait, but it could be a while before you see the new features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros