Hard Reset Loop

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I updated my HTC One M8 successfully to build 10149 from 10136 like many here. I actually did a first hard reset successfully. A strange bug crept up, so I did another hard reset. Normal spinning gears to 100% after a few minutes, followed by a frown emoticon and continuous looping through the same gears, frowning face, etc.

Thankfully I was able to get the flash ROM page (volume up and down at the HTC screen) and use the WPRT to reflash it back to 8.1. I'm persistent, so I'll try build 10149 again now that I know I can at least recover from it. It's strange to me that the first hard reset worked fine, but I have no idea why the second one failed. Has anyone else ever experienced this before?

Daniel Menoni

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I was in this situation myself. The only way out was into the bootloader page (like you mentioned) roll back to 8.1 and re-install the 10149 build.

(HTC One M8 on T-Mobile)

Ethanet

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
I had the same infinite hard reset loop with a sad face on my second attempt to reset, I was able to resolve it by removing my device battery immediately after the sad face and performing the hard reset sequence again after I replaced the battery. There was no exclamation mark this time but I allowed the phone restart after the sequence and it resumed the hard reset but this time completed successfully without a sad face. I don't know if this is a general solution or just for my particular case, but it's worth trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon