W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna coumar

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Wifi doesn't switch on for me too... Quite annoyed.. Lots of other bugs as well. Today Whatsapp Couldnt get updated or even uninstalled.Sometimes camera even crashes.. Feeling now why i have installed it on L1520!!!

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

People app automatically closes when I try to refresh on 'Whats New' session. Specially when i set on the filter on 'people' settings

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that this build is even near "Beta" this is clearly as ****ty as the previous one. I know it's just a TP, bla bla bla. But how is it supposed to finalized in a couple of months when with every build we take a step forward and two back?

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I had enough with this build now. Can't access any photos. Constant reboots. Constant scan sd card and unavailable apps after each reboot. Missing email notifications. Crashing people's app. How on earth they recommend to try it is beyond me.

Marc_With_a_C

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else have a huge amount in Other storage? I have 4 gigs. Didn't get a chance to hook it up to a PC as it suggested yet. Also have orphaned apps that are in the apps list and are trying to get updates and failing. They have uninstall greyed out in the app list options and do not appear in SD card or Phone storage display.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm using build 10149 on Lumia 1020. Whenever I use Skype voice call or video call after like 1 or 2 min. the phone just restart itself.

This is a critical bug, I rely Skype on a daily basis so this is a deal breaker, but everything else works so well that I really don't want to roll back...Hope they can fix this in the next build.

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I can't open People Hub... anyone else?

Also it is very annoying all the bugs and errors coming from both stores. I hope on the next build they will definitely unify them and we will be able to download those app updates which are now stuck (for me, extras+info and MixRadio). Also there is no way I can turn Glance screen off :/

aussieboykie

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Wifi doesn't switch on for me too... Quite annoyed.. Lots of other bugs as well. Today Whatsapp Couldnt get updated or even uninstalled.Sometimes camera even crashes.. Feeling now why i have installed it on L1520!!!
Have a read of the How To Install sticky (sorry I'm not yet allowed to post a link). It is very helpful.

Like you, I initially had the WiFi not working problem on my 1520 but a hard reset fixed that and pretty much everything else. Unless you switch off auto updating of apps, you may need to wait a long time for everything to settle down.

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

My People app doesn't have a live tile, eventhough I saw some people have. Anyone know how to make it work? I have a 6" phone.

same here lumia 535
no circular animation for wide or medium tile
restarted after making tile large same result no live tile ,
on the other hand on my Laptop build 10158 shows a single Square photo of my Random contact which i really dont know!! :evil:

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site

So I decided to hard reset my 1520 because I couldn't take the CONSTANT reboots and then waiting AGES for unavailable apps on sd card to become available (if at all). Also i could not access the photos hub not even once as it would reboot my phone. After the hard reset I got a sad face emoticon. How lovely! No matter what I did I could not boot into the OS as after each restart it would go through the hard reset process and end on a sad face. How on earth can a hard reset fail for crying out loud? Was my phone bricked? Luckily I used Recovery tool to flash 8.1 rom. All back to NORMAL. Never going to install W10 again until RTM released. Whoever said that this build was good enough to be a daily driver was talking out of their @r5?!!!

Winsly Jucar

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Just installed it on my Lumia 1520 from WP 8.2 (can't resist the excitement and I was bored in the office, hehehe).
I have ran some problems like slowdowns and Wifi not turning on so I have hard-reset and waiting for the restore to complete.

Will keep posted if I saw some bugs. :)

WinampLlama

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Screenshots will not save at all for me and the Music app will stop playing after an hour or two and I have to open a video then go back to make it work again but otherwise liking this more than 8.1 (aside from the hamburger menus :))

Winsly Jucar

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I cannot replace my background picture in the start screen.
Every time I select a new image and cropping, it won't save.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Screenshots will not save at all for me and the Music app will stop playing after an hour or two and I have to open a video then go back to make it work again but otherwise liking this more than 8.1 (aside from the hamburger menus :))

So, what exactly do you like about it? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos