Why aren't my live tiles and background tasks working?

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Live tiles and background tasks not working

Since I haven't seen anyone else report this, I'm wondering if I have something configured incorrectly. My live tiles for 3rd party apps, including Windows Central, don't seem to be updating. Background tasks are hit or miss it seems.

My Windows Central background task says when it ran last, but for last exit reason, lists "Network error." So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows how to resolve it? I don't even see Windows Central listed as one of the apps in the Background Apps screen, nor do I see anything related to a network setting in permissions/background tasks.

I'm running the latest mobile build, 10149 on my HTC One M8.

Thanks!

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Live tiles and background tasks not working

I've noticed that when I turn on the toast notifications for Windows Central, I see some of those pop up. So the background task is running...just seems to be crashing before it's complete.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Yeah most of the live tiles aren't working correcty atm. The official MSN Weather app does seem to work, but it's one of the few that works well.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site

I have the same on my M8 as well, but it began after updating the language pack through Windows Insider. Every single update or installation seems to fail as well through both stores.

I think if you hard reset and skip the Windows Insider sign up, things might work - they used to do for me. But I needed the Dutch language pack, so I'll have to wait for the next build.

On the odd side, I reflashed my NL830 and both background tasks and live tiles seem to work.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Interesting, good to know it's not just me but that they do work for some devices as well.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs