Here drive for windows 10 mobile?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
In Windows 10 you actually don't need HERE Drive. All features except for my commute are available in the built-in maps app.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the opposite experience. In 149 I could not update here maps or drive. I updated to 166 and the here apps updated with no problem from the store. Weird.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I have no problems at all, all here portfolio of apps works just fine, maps downloading as well, on both, 149 & 166...

a6cd17eeab73ee7f8032de12c2af21df.png
32598fd78e1e48728af4a27085d114f2.png

fa0b1c44983bb923d0dc00bc5c196b0b.png
8f7a9b7520f5f6f979a80a5357d35e35.png

Rande

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In Windows 10 you actually don't need HERE Drive. All features except for my commute are available in the built-in maps app.

Disagree.....
There are a lot of features like choice of the route (fastest, shortest etc.), route options , speed warning missing in the build in maps app.

Unfortunately I have the same problem with all of the here apps. After a hard reset these apps are gone and can't be reinstalled.

Rande

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, hi Teo.
World is really small. Greetings from Germany. (Randy F.)
It's true, the Here Maps app is a lot better than the build in maps app.

SysApp Pusher? See if that can find Here Maps and Here Drive+
Hi.
I also tried this. The new store tells me, that the here apps are unavailable.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i have downloaded Here Drive+ last weekend. The store was slow but i have installed it on my old L520 running 10.0.166
However with the old TP 10.0.149 it was impossible.

Rande

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
i have downloaded Here Drive+ last weekend. The store was slow but i have installed it on my old L520 running 10.0.166
However with the old TP 10.0.149 it was impossible.

Very mysterious...
With the x.149 the here apps where working until the store (beta) wanted to update them. After that I couldn't start the apps. They stayed in the app list, but that was all. No starting and no uninstalling was possible. So I decided to hard reset the phone and all was fine. But almost there, I only could download the here apps through the old store.
And then x.166 was coming... the apps worked well, but I was forced to do a hard reset twice due to some other issues. After hard reset and installing a backup from onedrive, the apps where gone.

Very curious.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Disagree.....
There are a lot of features like choice of the route (fastest, shortest etc.), route options , speed warning missing in the build in maps app.

Unfortunately I have the same problem with all of the here apps. After a hard reset these apps are gone and can't be reinstalled.
Route options (except fastest/shortest, but with traffic avoidance) and speed warnings are there.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Nokia needs to update HERE for Windows 10.

HERE is still owned by Nokia. Microsoft didn't buy HERE.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Laura is right, the Here Drive+ App is from Here BV. So this is were the problems come from. I think there are 3 ways MS may go:
- Building WM10 in a way that the old WM8.1 App Here Drive+ works. Until now MS failed to do so. Maybee it?s impossible without changing the App.
- MS could pay Here BV a lot of Euros to bring a new App to WM10. I think they don?t want to pay and even then Here BV will need some time. That would possible not be finished for the offical release of WM10 in September.
- MS may try to build their own navigation App. It seems like the try this with that build in Map app. This would be a big step backwards. If MS does this they will not have a useful navigation in WM10

If finally they release WM10 without a good navigation app then WM10 will probably fail. Nobody will buy it like that and market share will soon be similar to blackberry. I think all that tech bloggers out there are only waiting for something like that. It would be a pity.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Laura is right, the Here Drive+ App is from Here BV. So this is were the problems come from. I think there are 3 ways MS may go:
- Building WM10 in a way that the old WM8.1 App Here Drive+ works. Until now MS failed to do so. Maybee it?s impossible without changing the App.
- MS could pay Here BV a lot of Euros to bring a new App to WM10. I think they don?t want to pay and even then Here BV will need some time. That would possible not be finished for the offical release of WM10 in September.
- MS may try to build their own navigation App. It seems like the try this with that build in Map app. This would be a big step backwards. If MS does this they will not have a useful navigation in WM10

If finally they release WM10 without a good navigation app then WM10 will probably fail. Nobody will buy it like that and market share will soon be similar to blackberry. I think all that tech bloggers out there are only waiting for something like that. It would be a pity.
What exactly do you think should change in the built-in maps app so it gets as useful as here drive?

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking the HERE apps might be going away. Nokia made it clear they weren't going to spend much time on WP apps a while after MS bought the phone division. But rather concentrate on Android and iOS apps. MS then piped up when people started freaking and said something about working with Nokia/HERE to maintain those services on WP. But i'm thinking they're just going to license map data and some other HERE technology and built it into their own Windows Maps app. If you try various things in the W10 Maps app you can see they're basically trying to build all the functionality from HERE Maps, Drive, Transit, etc into the single app. Not the worst way to go, HERE really has a lot of apps with overlapping features which makes things a little messy. Single app to do it all would be great - BUT MS really needs to polish it up and add a lot of stuff. Pretty crude at the moment.

Paenthy

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I hardly think HERE apps are the core of W10 to claim it probably will fail without them :/ But i get your point. A good navigation app is needed and for me, HERE was on point :) Lets hope and see what comes out :D

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The new navigation map is a good start, but after trying to use on 3 recent trips it just went bad each time. Twice it froze up about three miles from my home just started trip and the third time about one hour into the trip it wasn't able to tell me if I should go left or right, but the only way was left or straight. I don't believe it could find it's way out of a bag. Back to co pilot & here maps should have known better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo