Features removed from W10 Mobile TP

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Why has Microsoft removed features for Win10 mobile when compared to WP8.1? I understand that this is not the final version and many things could change over the course of the next few months before it is finalised however they should ensure that all features currently available in WP8.1 are carried over into Win10 mobile, no exceptions.

Below is a list of features that I have found are no longer available in Win10 mobile in Australia. Feel free to add to this list.

• You can no longer search within the messaging app.
  • Transit info and transit navigation is no longer available in the maps app
  • Indoor maps no longer available in the maps app
  • Maps app can no longer link to other apps for voice navigation like Here drive
  • WiFi Geo-fencing no longer available to turn wi-fi back on when you arrive at favourite destination
  • Photo app live tile no longer supports cycling favourite photos, only option is for a specific photo or recent photos.
  • No way to view outlook tasks.
  • Weather no longer displayed in calendar app
  • No way to view which apps have recently been updated in the store.
  • Recent communications list no longer provided in contacts view
  • Web search results using Cortana or Bing simply renders the Bing website.
  • The stock camera can take rich capture pictures (HDR/Dynamic Flash) however there is no way to view or edit these.
  • Cortana no longer available even though was available as Alpha in WP8.1

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Like you said. This is not the final version. Every update improves windows mobile 10. I'm sure it will get there.

Michael Halliday

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
STILL no way to view outlook task list on phone?!?! REALLY MS, I am going to have to revert back to 8.1 for this? WTF, why would this be removed!?!? Seems like it would be pretty simple to support, since it was already available (though a bit limited) on WM 8.1.

I know this sounds small but literally could be a deal breaker for me...and this coming from a guy who has 2 windows tablets, a Surface, laptops, 2 windows phones, and EVEN the MS Band. COME ON MS!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Some features are being added for one build and then removed in the next :) Thy're still testing and those on w10 are there lab-rats :p get used to it or back to 8.1 until jan/dec

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Like you said. This is not the final version. Every update improves windows mobile 10. I'm sure it will get there.

To be blunt this is the same crap that was pulled before Windows 10 release, well before this point not only should the OS be doing everything it predecessor was capable of it should be bringing in new and interesting functions.

MS has already proved with this weeks Windows 10 preview build it can't keep functionality or cosmetics consistent between releases.

ak1520

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I like that they've taken their time to ensure functions of the OS from scratch, as well as the app functions.
Seeing all of this grow for the past half year or so has been great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos