Upgraded to 10 yesterday, downgraded to 8.1 today

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I decided to take a peek at how W10 looks on my 1520. Although what I was using was a preview, I found it to be slow when going back to the start screen, and at times a little buggy. So here is my impression of W10:

A couple stock apps were better, some were different(but with no real improvements), some were far worse. I didn't notice many new, exciting features with 10. It seems like the same stuff just repackaged. The tiles were closer together and there were more color/theme choices. No new tile sizes. The bing/cortana search wasn't as good. I like to be able to search for something, and swipe left or right between images, web, videos - and you can no longer swipe the search results. The calendar didn't look as good as 8.1's calendar, less intuitive with ugly white and baby blue colors. The email app is less user friendly and pretty much in the same boat as the calendar. The people and phone app probably looks better than 8.1 but not really any new features there. The store looks way better than in 8.1. Groove Music is a seemingly better app with better UI, but most of my artist images were blank and even got one of the artist images wrong. I did not like that when you play a song from an album(provided there actually was an artist image), it would display the artist image instead of the actual album cover. Some of the artist images I had were poor quality. As far as I know, the music metadata was 100% correct, and I have a lot of rare stuff; so I was impressed by that. The music app goes to landscape mode but there wasn't any different functionality from doing so. The name Groove Music is terrible and embarrassingly bad, but the only slightly redeeming factor is that the app is decent. No live tile functionality with the music app either.

I have been using Windows Phone since 2013. As it stands, I will not likely buy another Windows Phone when it's time for me to get a new phone. Most of the things I liked from Windows Phone was Nokia's hardware greatness, but even that might change since they bought Nokia.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Don't come again.

Haha, do you work for Microsoft? I'm still going to hold onto my Windows Phone until probably next year, although I will be reluctant to upgrade to the final version of 10. I'm amazed that people get defensive over this lackluster product. They had so much potential and so many possibilities that they fell short from. I've seen plenty of UI concept designs made by fans that blew this stuff away. I'm not a Windows hater and I'm not a ****** of any particular product. I am offering my honest, unbiased opinion about a product.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I also downloaded windows 10 today and I havent found any reason to go back to 8.1. Im not having any problems and with the new Browser, today was the first time I could go the internet and actually watch a video on the nascar website. With explorer on my phone I never could.

djstyles97

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Outlook email app is much better to navigate than in Windows 8.1
Love the swipe to delete/flag email. Makes managing work email much easier.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Makes managing work email much easier.

Unless you have multiple accounts, then it's a pain!

I know where the OP is coming from, I have W10m of my 630 but my 930 is staying on 8.1 for the time being. W10 feels like an unfinished project.....which is exactly what it is!

When they have finished the nut's and bolts stuff I just hope they give it time to add some polish before they release it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism