Is messaging linked to Microsoft account?

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
So I have WP8.1 on my 640XL and WP10 10512 on my old 920. Each one has a different phone number but the same MS account signed into both. It seems I am getting my text message replies from either phone on each phone. Is this normal?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yea, kind of, its not that the text message goes to any phone signed into a Microsoft account (that would be cool though) but when your device is on wifi, it will sync with each other, and one of the things that gets synced to each device is text messages.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
True, because think about it, when you setup a new phone (or install a new OS like this latest build 10512) and don't restore a backup, but only sign into your MS account, all your text messages appear on the phone. This is of course if you have text message backup on, and set to "download messages from - last year, last month, etc"

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
It seems like those messages should be associated with a phone number as well though. If you had several phone numbers and one MS account on all - the text messages will be on all of the devices, not just the phone number they originated from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos