W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I guess, after all that W10M wont be released to the general public at all. It's only a strategy to keep the fans from migrating elsewhere. In the best case it will, let's say next year,mid spring. But I doubt that. I think I'm going to use from now on a feature phone and a laptop and this is it.

ciban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
You know what's funny? The basic stuff related to MS, and I mean Mail and Onedrive is working way better on the android platform. What is nonacceptable from MS is that they behave in an autistic way with their fans. If they did not have the Insider programme, and nobody knew nothing about a new OS,everything was OK. But when they decided to make that programme,they should officially comunicate everything about that new stuff in order the fans understand what problems their teams are facing. And something more: germans have a proverb: ein mann,ein wort! When you say w10m will be released end of year 2015,then you should do it. If not,sorry, you find something else to do .

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
You know what's funny? The basic stuff related to MS, and I mean Mail and Onedrive is working way better on the android platform. What is nonacceptable from MS is that they behave in an autistic way with their fans. If they did not have the Insider programme, and nobody knew nothing about a new OS,everything was OK. But when they decided to make that programme,they should officially comunicate everything about that new stuff in order the fans understand what problems their teams are facing. And something more: germans have a proverb: ein mann,ein wort! When you say w10m will be released end of year 2015,then you should do it. If not,sorry, you find something else to do .

Yes,and when MS give first preference to its own OS, for app point of view then MS should expect windows 10 mobile should pass IOS and Android.
See even google not launch chrome browser to windows phone and our MS even Cortana launch on android.
Make change MS or don't expect from windows mobile 10,11,12.............................

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
When is release?

As stated in the very first post, there is no release date on which you are guaranteed to get W10M. Even after MS releases it, we will still have carrier interference and regional differences that will cause some people to get it sooner, while some will get it later. It's always been that way for WP8.1 devices. Nothing new at all.

Once you are on W10M, we might get by without those update-delays. Until then, it's business as usual.

Alexandre Coelho

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
i also dont believe it is coming this year....Christmas/New year holidays are on the corner..
the strange thing is that they preferred to release RedStone build instead of put more effort in W10M...i dont know,as i said,i?m loosing hopes to see W10M running on selected phones this year...lets wait and see.

ciban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
If you read the text down page on Microsoft.com, you will see there is stated that w10 for eligible 8.1 phones will be released this year (no date, but this year). More official than this, I dont know! You see, I'm not used to read in the stars. I just follow their official site . Thanks for your time.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
i also dont believe it is coming this year....Christmas/New year holidays are on the corner..
the strange thing is that they preferred to release RedStone build instead of put more effort in W10M...i dont know,as i said,i?m loosing hopes to see W10M running on selected phones this year...lets wait and see.
One this that will definitely happen is the rollout of windows 10 mobile this year.....they have mentioned it everywhere......twitter,facebook official pages ..etc .........this rollout can't be delayed......

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
For everyone wanting a hard date on the release, check this thread: Windows 10 Mobile to everyone for Christmas!

new insider build arriving...
10586.36!
Gabe said it on his twitter,i cant put the link here,but is in Wmpoweruser!
There will always be a new insider build arriving. It's the way things work now. However, this is not one that is being released. Gabe only tweeted that they are working on a build to fix issues, not that one is being released. WMPowerUser is only guessing about the build number. They simply don't know for sure with that, as it may change several times before being released.

When a new build is available, it will be announced by Windows Central. Check the main page daily for an announcement there, and you'll be sure to not miss it.

Give us Windows Phone 10 already we have been patient lol
Coming from someone who hacked her device to edit the registry settings in order to change identifiers on her device, then flash GDR2 without having to wait for an official update, I'm surprised you haven't already enrolled in the Fast Ring long enough to grab Windows 10, then unenroll. You do realize that once you do that, you'll start getting normal, non-insider Windows 10 Mobile build releases without the carrier interference? The current build is every bit as stable as GDR2. For me, it was the time to put my wife's phone on Windows 10 Mobile.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I wonder what is sooo much better with W10 (yet!!) compared to 8.1 that people seriously think to leave the platform if there is no update until the end of this year.
Hilarious.

Maybe not that much is better but WP8.1 appears "dead" and the excuse is "everyone is waiting for W10M so there is no use to develop for W8.1".

I think a lot of users on the verge of jumping ship want to see what happens the first couple of months after W10M.
If everything stays like today (no focus from the industry and even MS showing Android/iOS all love) the user base will implode.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Ever since WP7 it has always been, wait the next update/version/reimagining of WP will fix it / add features etc which has driven away a lot of people. The release of WP10 based smartphones triggered the tizzy that WP10 is ready to arrive, now it has become a huge problem. They cant release the OS which still hasn't left testing as it might backfire nor can they tell the people to wait since they released the WP10 based flagships. They ended up in this tough situation they created themselves.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 users won't get Windows 10 Mobile update until 2016

Even though Microsoft officials said earlier this fall that the rollout of Windows 10 Mobile to existing Windows Phone 8.1 users would start in December, that's no longer the plan.
lumia925.png

The coming over-the-air update for existing Windows Phone users to Windows 10 Mobile is now going to start in early 2016, according to an updated statement from Microsoft on December 17.

Today's updated availability statement from a company spokesperson:

"This November we introduced Windows 10 to phones including brand new features such as Continuum and Universal Windows Apps with the introduction of the Lumia 950 and 950 XL. The Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will begin rolling out early next year to select existing Windows 8 and 8.1 phones."

Source: ZDnet

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Wait for an official announcement...!
Good joke. With the latest statement about "early" next year for the 8.1 phones and the way the whole insider program goes, flagship phones being shipped with betafirmware, the Onedrive-unlimited-storage-mess and the announcement that you need Office365 subscription to use the apps for continuum it should be clear for everybody which way MS is heading and what they give about their mobile OS and how they push it. The majority of forum users here has even more faith in W10M than MSFT itself.

Lohith Harris

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Now We should understand the Value of "NOKIA" Lumia....Fed up of waiting for W10M ......already my Lumia 620 got bricked during early insider program
Now its my Lumia 640 ...I dont wanna kill it

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Now We should understand the Value of "NOKIA" Lumia....Fed up of waiting for W10M ......already my Lumia 620 got bricked during early insider program
Now its my Lumia 640 ...I dont wanna kill it

Same. 640 without a computer to rollback with. Don't wanna hard reset either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss