W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianGroza

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
That's it,I'm switching to android,and I feel a bitter taste in my mouth since I had high hopes from Microsoft.I bought my lumia 435 with certain expectations from MS,and worse than that,I also directed my friends towards Lumia ,one on them has a 535,two have 640,one has a lumia 820 and one has a lumia 735.So far it seems we are stuck with a reliable but very limited windows 8.1 OS.Most "MVP" apps are missing or are updated on a very very slow rate,with windows 10 mobile promising a much better app porting via "universal apps",and now I see that windows 10 is being delayed until 2016,and even then it will be deployed in waves.The current windows 10 mobile development rate is painfully slow,I have w10m insider on my phone and there are aboslutely 0 new features to justify such a slow update program.A new skin,some redesigned built-in apps and the "one hand use" mode is what an android cyanogen fanatic is capable of doing within a week.Is this the big "thing"?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Keep this thread on topic please.

[WARN]This thread is not about the Insider Preview, nor is it a place to ask about problems linking contacts or any other general W10M related questions. It's exclusively about release dates related to the official W10M release and related devices. Everything we know about this topic, at this time, has already been stated in the first two posts.

From here on out, posts going off topic will be deleted and possibly infracted.[/WARN]

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
One this that will definitely happen is the rollout of windows 10 mobile this year.....they have mentioned it everywhere......twitter,facebook official pages ..etc .........this rollout can't be delayed......

Rollout is delayed already officially!

Avinash Sahani

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Guys I think there are chances of update this month as Lumia India & Microsoft India Twitter pages are still reporting that the update would be released by Dec end

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys I think there are chances of update this month as Lumia India & Microsoft India Twitter pages are still reporting that the update would be released by Dec end
I doubt it.......they might have not been updated on the topic ...we should not forget that they are just people assigned to promote the company on twitter.......nothing more than that....

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
That's it,I'm switching to android,and I feel a bitter taste in my mouth since I had high hopes from Microsoft.I bought my lumia 435 with certain expectations from MS,and worse than that,I also directed my friends towards Lumia ,one on them has a 535,two have 640,one has a lumia 820 and one has a lumia 735.So far it seems we are stuck with a reliable but very limited windows 8.1 OS.Most "MVP" apps are missing or are updated on a very very slow rate,with windows 10 mobile promising a much better app porting via "universal apps",and now I see that windows 10 is being delayed until 2016,and even then it will be deployed in waves.The current windows 10 mobile development rate is painfully slow,I have w10m insider on my phone and there are aboslutely 0 new features to justify such a slow update program.A new skin,some redesigned built-in apps and the "one hand use" mode is what an android cyanogen fanatic is capable of doing within a week.Is this the big "thing"?
Go away man......i have also tried switching to android with a promise in my mind that I will never return on WP.....but after using android for a month I learned why I switched to WP 3 years ago...and I am back again.....I don't expect you to be back too....but there's hardly anyone who cares......

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

I think their reply is being posted by a robot..not human.
Every time same 8 part tweet, same wordings. It is highly probable that they have automatic replying mechanism on their twitter handle...

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I think their reply is being posted by a robot..not human.
Every time same 8 part tweet, same wordings. It is highly probable that they have automatic replying mechanism on their twitter handle...

No..not a robot or automatic reply machanism.....they mention the code of the poster in every tweet....

Lohith Harris

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Gabe Quoted that Mobile builds will not arrive for Insiders till JAN 2016 but not Public Users.....A ray of hope

Flighting over the holidays

I also want to set expectations for new builds for both PC and mobile between now and the end of 2015. This time of year many of us take the opportunity to spend time with family and take some vacation time, so the engineering team will be running at a slower pace and many of our key people who drive our flighting process will be out (including me :) ). This means we won?t be releasing any new builds to Windows Insiders until January, for both PC and mobile

Source : Windows Blog

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Gabe Quoted that Mobile builds will not arrive for Insiders till JAN 2016 but not Public Users.....A ray of hope

Flighting over the holidays

I also want to set expectations for new builds for both PC and mobile between now and the end of 2015. This time of year many of us take the opportunity to spend time with family and take some vacation time, so the engineering team will be running at a slower pace and many of our key people who drive our flighting process will be out (including me :) ). This means we won?t be releasing any new builds to Windows Insiders until January, for both PC and mobile

Source : Windows Blog

Naaah....... Microsoft spokesperson himself issued the statement of 2016 rollout........

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
The only 'news' here is the explanation of the deviceUpgradeState and batch. The deviceUpgradeState itself and the list have been available for a long time now. See www<dot>microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=49182 for the file itself.
Not that on the download page it says file version is 0001, but the file itself contains 'fileVersion' 8. Could be they had 8 revisions before release or they silently update the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss