W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What is the interest of Microsoft to keep the release date in secret?

And also, is that for sure Microsoft will release the u[date this month?

1. because they can change it, move it up or down as necessary without being tied to a certain date. It takes a lot of pressure off in case things go wrong behind the scenes etc.

2. No nothing is for sure, its just the best intel we have as of now.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Is it even worth waiting for windows 10 mobile? I guess it still has lots of bugs, just like what its desktop counterpart had at the time of release..
On forums i find so many issues with battery performance, core apps- especially people & messaging, text size etc..

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it even worth waiting for windows 10 mobile? I guess it still has lots of bugs, just like what its desktop counterpart had at the time of release..
On forums i find so many issues with battery performance, core apps- especially people & messaging, text size etc..

I think those issues depend very much on the device running the OS as well. Plus every OS is a bit buggy when it first comes out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think those issues depend very much on the device running the OS as well. Plus every OS is a bit buggy when it first comes out.

Well said. I also think devices built for it (i.e. the new Lumias) would probably perform differently over the ones that started with 8.1.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
MS rolled out desktop version within 8 months of TP release.. They have taken longer time for mobile... Almost 10 months have passed since TP for mobile was released...

Btw I really want 8.1 start screen look with dark/light gaps within tiles and background on tiles on w10m. I didn't like the current start layout with full background.. 8.1 start screen layout is more clean & elegant.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
It was just a comment on twitter for L430.
I hope x40 devices-640,540 etc (being newest) get it by monday... Even MS had confirmed december roll out in october..
Citation please.

And Btw, hope doesn't matter here.
And we also known about rollout which has to be happened this month...

Last edited:

Kartik 10

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
MS rolled out desktop version within 8 months of TP release.. They have taken longer time for mobile... Almost 10 months have passed since TP for mobile was released...

Btw I really want 8.1 start screen look with dark/light gaps within tiles and background on tiles on w10m. I didn't like the current start layout with full background.. 8.1 start screen layout is more clean & elegant.

But full screen image can be changed to tiled image like wp8.1

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
There is no official news because the OS is not ready, a bad buggy release could drive away many of the current WP users. Even the release of 950s was premature.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not mis-understanding anything, nor do I need to re-read your posts.

Call it what you want "abandoning" or "not committing to". If certain "older devices" (as per recent articles) cannot upgrade from WP8.1 to W10M, then they are being LEFT BEHIND.

My point is, how many times can even us die-hard MS/WP users accept that? In a span of 3 years?

You'll get "left behind" a lot more with Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077